Can we get rid of our money pit lawn?

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I would believe that in neighborhoods where there is continuity most will be lost if people begin innovations of their own. I believe this was the intent of the ARC rulings. It seems with the growing population that abiding by the rules agreed to by all buyers is beginning to unravel and if the people at ARC acquiesce this place is going to lose its beauty. A trip around The Villages already is beginning to show signs of this.

Perhaps some may view these comments as "not playing nice" but in my view they comprise what most villagers view as the reality if ARC loses its backbone.
Agree.....part of the attraction here was the pride residents take in their properties and I also have noticed that changing......we came here knowing ARC was the guide in keeping this place consistent......let's hope they don't compromise their positions

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I saw a "lawn" yesterday that was completely totally brown. Don't know what they're planning but it sure is ugly now.

I've seen several like that and it appears that a company had applied a killer to the lawn, let it set for a week or so then took up the sod and replaced it with new. It was obvious because the line between them and their neighbors was very sharp and straight.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Let's hope sod is being replaced with sod
Old 10-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Agree.....part of the attraction here was the pride residents take in their properties and I also have noticed that changing......we came here knowing ARC was the guide in keeping this place consistent......let's hope they don't compromise their positions
Seniors are notorious for "pinching pennies" on frills like home maintenance, lawncare, etc., especially when many consider they are living in their coffin. Let their kids deal with the damaged property values and to hell with the neighbors!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
You can rock your lawn if you're in a courtyard villa.
Not any longer. My landscaper was just informed by The Villages that front yards must have some grass or plant ground cover. Homes are grandfathered if they have a permit. If they do not have a permit The Villages is going to notify homeowners who have all rock that they must remove some rock and replace it with grass or plant ground cover.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Like the tasteful and arty Uptown girl's lawn. LOVELY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
The Villages Florida

Ground cover is Dwarf Asiatic Jasmine- low growing, stays green all year, but does need pruning to stay in bounds. I do that myself.
We incorporated a flagstone platform to allow for raising and lowering our flagpole.
Landscaping gravel (red) is called 'Seminole rock'- we also used river rock-type pea gravel between the flagstones.
This photo was taken after it was a year old.
I co-designed it with Wendy- owner of Village Palms- they did the install.

The back courtyard is grass free as well- with a pond, waterfall and babbling brook encompassing the entire space. Very tropical, easy peasy with lots of lush, green plants. Lovely.
This is a rocked yard that meets the regulations and is a lovely thing to see.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.