cover plants with what?

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default cover plants with what?

I need help with what to use to cover my plants with in my new home and if I need to cover them. The plants came with the new home and I don't even know what they are. Also, any tricks on how to keep the covers on? Thanks
Old 02-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

You can buy frost cloth at the home depot and lowes, or use old sheets. We use large plastic clothes pins to hold the cloth on. Hard to tell from here what you need to cover....might ask the neighbors.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Frost Blanket

I spent a lot of time covering my plants with "frost blankets" which I purchased at Wall Mart. The frost blankets I purchased are the light weight gauzy type and were totally ineffective. I lost all my plants. My neighbor used towels and blankets and their yard is beautiful while mine is a total loss. I believe we are going to have a heavy freeze tomorrow night so beware.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Sage
Unhappy Groannnn.....

Yes, I heard we're having frost tonight and tomorrow night! This is a weird winter. Last year was NOT like this. I too covered things and it doesn't seem to matter. Everyone keeps telling me it will all come back in the Spring. I hope, I hope, I hope....
Old 02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Sage

I agree Chels, The things that look dead around here Do not look like they will EVER come back, it remains to be seen!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Sage

We have owned our place for 4 years and this is the first winter we have stayed in it for more than two weeks. Never covered anything in that time and haven't lost only one plant. Must be my Irish green thumb protecting

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.