Day and Night Tree Service

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2016, 08:12 PM
Eternal Member
Default Day and Night Tree Service

I had a guy from Day and Night Tree Service come to my door saying one of my very tall Queen Palms has a rotting trunk. He is the second person to tell me that in a few weeks. The trunk sounds hollow when thumped.

He quoted $100 to cut down the tree, grind the stump below the ground level, and haul everything away. It sounds cheap.

Before hiring, I am going to confirm he has insurance in case he or any of his crew get hurt.

First, has anyone heard of this "company"? Naturally, I will not pay anything before the job is completed.

Second, is ARC permission needed to cut down a Queen Palm?

I am going to call Seniors vs Crime to see if they have a file on this company (the company looks like 2 guys and a truck.).

Have I covered all the bases?
Old 08-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I had a guy from Day and Night Tree Service come to my door saying one of my very tall Queen Palms has a rotting trunk. He is the second person to tell me that in a few weeks. The trunk sounds hollow when thumped.

He quoted $100 to cut down the tree, grind the stump below the ground level, and haul everything away. It sounds cheap.

Before hiring, I am going to confirm he has insurance in case he or any of his crew get hurt.

First, has anyone heard of this "company"? Naturally, I will not pay anything before the job is completed.

Second, is ARC permission needed to cut down a Queen Palm?

I am going to call Seniors vs Crime to see if they have a file on this company (the company looks like 2 guys and a truck.).

Have I covered all the bases?
Good idea to check on them...I am laughing here...Day and Night sounds like someone who might have been the ones removing trees that got folks in trouble over by Lake Miona.... Who removes trees at night??? lol
Old 08-18-2016, 08:48 PM
Sage

FWIW...

I paid $275 to have two palms cut down, flush cut, no grinding. It is cheap, but if you never pay until work is done, why not?

From posts I have read here, it seems you do not need ARC approval to take down a palm. That was good enough for me.

Of course I never asked when I put them in either
Old 08-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Sounds too good to be true".......be cautious
Old 08-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Take a pass. If it quacks like a duck....
Old 08-19-2016, 07:35 AM
Platinum member

It does sound cheap. Be sure he carries workers comp/liability insurance and workers are specifically named on the paperwork. Also insist they use protective equipment....hard hats, eye protection, leather gloves.

If you use them, would you please come back and tell us or send me a PM. I, too, am looking to have a palm removed. It's hard to find anyone who meets aforementioned criteria.
Closed Thread

Tags
company, tree, trunk, sounds, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.