Looking for top rate honest landscaper

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Default Smitty Lawn & Tree Landscape Design and Walls

How to Dress up a Lantana. Smitty Lawn & Tree recently completed this Landscape wall...yes there are stripes in the wall as well as a front patio with steps and multi heights. Call Matt Smith 352-561-1999
17-jpg 16-jpg

13-jpg 15-jpg

9-jpg
Old 08-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Default Stay Away from Coverall Landscape

Coverall Landscape wants $$$$ up front...and has no integrity in their work!
Old 08-20-2015, 10:47 PM
Platinum member

Another vote for village palm!
Old 08-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Take a look at the work by Tomas.....seems he does a lot of upscale complicated projects.....take a ride down Warnock in Hillsborough, or Palm Ct outside LSL. There are close to 100 landscapers registered with ARC, not sure if ARC will tell give you any input but you can ask. What we did, was drive around and knock on doors of the houses that caught our attention.....surprised how many people are willing to be very candid about who did their work.....both pro and con. There are some outstanding companies that provide services here, but there are also some that are very weak.....be careful.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-21-2015, 11:43 AM

I have Massey and KB over the years and would not go back to Massey. KB has beautiful plants abd stands behind their product. Ask for Lori
Old 08-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Email Reported As Spam

A source to determine WHO NOT to consider is to call Senior v Crimes before even making an appointment for an estimate.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:51 PM

I used Jason Schmidt Landscapers. They are excellent. The customer service was wonderful because they answer phone calls within a day, they are very polite (those working to plant and the other staff such as the designer and the owner,) and they do explain the process and alternative choices. The owner checks in during the process even though he has a staff in charge of the various aspects of the project.
I am happy with the results and the follow up to the project.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to LynnDeb

Lukeslandscapingfl.com
Luke 352-617-3444.

Excellent job, on time, very professional, we live on North side to TV by Nancy Lopez. He had to take out all our bushes from 02' and start from scratch...took them 3 days and gave us a price on the spot. Some of these other landscapers didnt come back
Old 09-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Default Do not use Village Palms!

I posted a long message about the issues I had with this company and for some reason it disappeared. But I would never recommend them. They are one of the highest priced around and I have had huge issues with them that are still not resolved.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Thumbs down Landscaper - Beware

Folks, I’m going to clue you in on a landscaper known as Outdoor Creations owned by Chris Charbonneau. His business card stated that he was “licensed-insured-no money upfront”, but after reading the article (unfortunately not soon enough) in the latest POA Bulletin Dec 2015, I’ve learned that Florida “does not license Landscapers”. So, in essence he is pulling a scam. Previous to hiring this man, I had multiple estimates and although his price was higher, he came across as being well versed in the various trees, flowers and shrubs and bragged how his way of planting was better than the guy’s down the street but best of all, he promised to have the job done in a week even though he’d be working by himself. He began this landscaping project on Oct. 13 with my first check to him on that day. He said he would be purchasing all the materials and supplies at that time. I was now in a financial relationship with this guy. Limited working hours led to limited daily accomplishments and I can’t even tell you all the excuses I heard from him. Today, my project is still incomplete, he’s left me with a demand that unless I hand him the rest of the money, he’s not coming back. The rub in all of this is that he’s been given 95% of his money and now want’s all of it before he brings in the materials I’ve already paid for. Working with this person has been very stressful to say the least. It’s now Dec. 3rd and may now have to take legal action against him. Please use this as a warning and if you should see him around the neighborhood soliciting work, let your neighbor know what I know and now, what you know!

Last edited by SedaliaSue; 12-24-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Best Advise

1. No money up front ! No exceptions. Pay when job is done and you are satisfied.
2. No baloney they are "Licensed". This is first clue something is terribly wrong since Florida DOES NOT license Landscapers. May see it on their truck or on a Business Card. But this part of the scam.
3. No accepting ones that knock on the door and ask for business. That again is good clue since these types of request for business are not allowed in the villages. (This also is a good rule to follow for anyone knocking on the door and asking for business !).
There are more things to remember but these are very basic!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.