Southern Palms - Anyone dealt with these guys?

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Default Southern Palms - Anyone dealt with these guys?

Southern Palms guys drive around in their truck with palms and ring your doorbell. I did need some, and thought they would be OK. One was tied up and in a few days when they slipped by and cut the ties. It is mostly brown! Also, ordered a weeping bottle brush and it looks terrible. I should not have done this. Anyone else bought from them? I called him today and said I wanted my money back or new trees. He said he would be by on Friday. We will see. Any suggestions???
Old 08-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Well at least you didn't buy any meat from the guy that drives around selling steaks from his truck. He actually used the line on me, I'm The Villages Omaha Steak delivery man, as if that title existed.

For landscaping I used Terrascape when I moved here in 2011 and then in 2013 did a major landscaping job with McGowin. Both were professional and did just as they said and for the amount they said, with no money up front. McGowan even charged $400 less than her estimate.

My point is, use a professional landscaper if you want the job done right. If I were an owner of a home that needed landscaping now, I would probably use Village Palms this time. I've never heard anything but good reports about that company. They have an actual storefront so to speak, corner of 466 and Rolling Acres Rd. across from the VFW. They advertise a display ad in the Sun several days a week and the photos always look great. I once played on the same softball team with one of their main employees and he was a real standup guy.

Village Palms

Here's what McGowan did for our CYV. Removed all previous shrubs and trees, installed a retaining wall, the removal of all grass and replaced with weed block and gravel, install a sylvester palm, a queen palm and 2 windmill palms and several small plants, the rerouting of the irrigation system with individual sprayers at each plant and tree and installing a french drain. We used two different rocks, white river rock by the street and the strip nearest the neighbor's house, and copper gravel in the higher area behind the retaining wall and in the area next to the main sidewalk.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
palms, southern, guys, bought, suggestions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.