Sunscape Lawn & Landscape

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Default Sunscape Lawn & Landscape

We just closed on our pre-owned home in Sunset Pointe. Several plants in the front of the home were lost from the recent hard freezes. We also were looking for a company to do routine lawn mowing and bed maintenance (weed control and cutting of shrubs).

I have nothing but praises for Jeff and his crew from Sunscape. They were very professional, listened to what we were looking for, gave us good suggestions, and kept us informed on what was going to happen and when.

Good job, Jeff! We would highly recommend Sunscape.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Default good work

My wife and I are very pleased with the work Sunscape did for us. Their price was very competitive and the landscaping was done in a timely and professional manner. In fact, Jeff came out to give us a bid the day after we contacted him. They didn't skimp on materials. The guys were professional in every way and it was a pleasure to do business with them.

I would give them a rating of 5 out of 5.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Another plug For Sunscape and his guys

Jeff and his guys just finished redoing our landscaping. New palms, bushes, plants, shrubs,curbing and rock. They did a very neat and professional job. we met, discussed our preference he had some ideas as did we. After all is said and done the job came out great. I had called 3 contractors, 1 never called back after Jeff came I called the other guy and told him not to bother coming.I would recomend him to anyone needing work. If you'd like to see for yourself drive by 2489 Heath Springs Dr. in Bonita and take a look. My wife and I are very Happy. thanks Jeff and to all the TOTV friends who recomended him.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Jeff and his guys just finished redoing our landscaping. New palms, bushes, plants, shrubs,curbing and rock. They did a very neat and professional job. we met, discussed our preference he had some ideas as did we. After all is said and done the job came out great. I had called 3 contractors, 1 never called back after Jeff came I called the other guy and told him not to bother coming.I would recomend him to anyone needing work. If you'd like to see for yourself drive by 2489 Heath Springs Dr. in Bonita and take a look. My wife and I are very Happy. thanks Jeff and to all the TOTV friends who recomended him.
Skip,

I am happy it worked out for you. I had no hesitation in recommending Jeff to you and JoAnn. He and his team are a class act...
k
Old 10-01-2009, 08:29 PM
nkrifats

I want to give Jeff and Sunscape a chance again when I redo our yard. I had talked to him when I bought my villa and was to meet him about lawn services and he never returned my call to set up a meeting. Looking forward to getting some idea's and etc from him.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:38 PM

We are looking for someone to do Landscaping and I went by the address and the job looks okay but wow the trees are small. I saw other jobs on the same street with much nicer trees so I found out who that was and I have heard good things so I will probably give that company a call.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Small Trees

The reason the trees are small is that's what we wanted. I didn't want the trees to look like they were there longer then we were.We wanted a new house with new trees, shrubs etc. and new owners to grow old together. We could have gotten much bigger trees but choose not to.30 years from now they'll be as big and old as we are. The Lanscaper will be happy to do whatever you want trust me. one thing to keep in mind with big trees is as they get bigger you have to pay more to have them maintained and they will only get bigger.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:48 PM

As Skip said the size of the trees were their choice but it does show an example of how we strive to meet each homeowners needs and not ours. I have a new Showcase home that was upgraded for The Villages and those trees range in height from 16' to 30'. I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you when you are ready to have a free estimate written. Remember, you are the customer and we always listen to what your needs and wishes are.

Thank you,

Jeff Revis
Sunscape Lawn and Landscaping
352-223-7850

p.s.- Thank's Skip for also clarifying that for them.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:10 PM

Please PM me a couple of other addresses you have done with some larger palms you have done so I can take a look at those. I saw a nursery that had some nice ones but would like to see what you have.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Sage

I haven't personally used Sunscape but a neighbour did, and was very satisfied. I saw Sunscape working, very professional. I plan to use them for my next landscaping job.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up

We had Sunscape plant hedges along our side property lines to form a natural fence and Jeff did a great job. The plants are beautiful and were 3 feet high when planted since that is what we told Jeff we wanted. We are not in TV so Jeff emailed us pictures of the finished job and payment was due after the job was complete. We are so pleased with the work that we plan on hiring Sunscape to do additional landscaping.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 PM

I didn't think hedges or "fences" were allowed in The Villages. Was this work approved by Architectural Review?
Old 10-06-2009, 07:22 PM

The "hedge" she was refering to was some Viburnum shrubs planted in her back yard with some Pampas grass in front of some of the shrubs. And yes it was submitted to Architectural Review and approved. I have a copy in my file.

Jeff Revis
Sunscape Lawn and Landscaping LLC
18 LaGrande Blvd.
The Villages, Fl. 32159
352-223-7850
Old 10-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
I didn't think hedges or "fences" were allowed in The Villages. Was this work approved by Architectural Review?
http://thevillages.com/homes/vls/detail4.asp?vls=206819

http://thevillages.com/homes/vls/detail4.asp?vls=206257

http://thevillages.com/homes/vls/detail4.asp?vls=206844

I'm not sure if you live in TV but here are just a few examples of landscaping that provide privacy and are allowed by the Architectural Review.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Jeff did some work for us as well - and filed the appropriate paperwork.

One thing that I appreciate is his letting us know when his suppliers had something unique or at a good price. We are also thinking about caging, so Jeff was flexible about recommending what to plant today and what to hold off on to keep our costs down.

k

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.