Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) Unit 202

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2017, 07:44 AM
Location: Detroit area, Da UP, 6 states and 2 countries in 21 years Army, now Duneden
Default Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) Unit 202

My Village is soliciting to get $125.00 per household which covers costs for 4 years including purchasing/installing 6 AED's, hardened locks, subscription to Ready Alert services who notifies our responders of an emergency. Do any other villages have these? What have your experiences been?
Old 01-23-2017, 08:13 AM
Veteran member

We have this in Pinellas. Several of us are trained to use the equipment and are responders. Fortunately, we have not yet had an actual emergency.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We got two in Southern Star Villas in Tamarind Grove about 1-1/2 years ago. One is at the front villa entrance on the wall and another is at the back entrance on the wall. We have 80 villas and they asked for $135 from each home. We paid, how many homes paid I do not know. Later they sent emails letting us know when classes were being offered for those who wanted to get certified.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic4me View Post
My Village is soliciting to get $125.00 per household which covers costs for 4 years including purchasing/installing 6 AED's, hardened locks, subscription to Ready Alert services who notifies our responders of an emergency. Do any other villages have these? What have your experiences been?
Not all neighbors will contribute, but in my opinion this program is absolutely one of the best things we as Villagers can participate in for the betterment of our community. You can probably get a resource from those organizing this effort that will lead you to facts and figures that may help you in your decision making.
Closed Thread

Tags
locks, responders, notifies, ready, alert

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.