Current Recommendations–Pain Mgmt Doctor

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Platinum member
Default Current Recommendations–Pain Mgmt Doctor

Back/Hip problems – probably need facet joint injections. Has anyone had this procedure done and have a recommendation for a Pain Management/Anesthesiologist MD here in The Villages? Thank you.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:14 PM

There is a new pain doctor here, Dr. Patrick Alger. He has an office at Arbor Medical in Laurel Manor. He was recommended previously on this forum. He is fantastic. He eliminated pain my husband has had for several years. His number is 352-205-8812.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The past few years I could never play golf two days in a row, or play softball the next either. Last February after a round of golf, my back didn't recover well enough to play for six weeks. My Villages doctor at Pinellas sent me to Dr. Amy Clunn, a Physiatrist in Ocala.

She is employed by SIMED, Southeastern Rehabiliation Medicine, you'll see SIMED on the office doors. They have an office behind Paddock Mall in Ocala and here on 441/27 just north of Rolling Acres Rd. by the Bank of America. They also have their rehab offices there as well.

Dr. Amy Clunn, MD - Physiatrist in Ocala, FL

SIMED Online

I was sent for an MRI and they found I have a degenerative L1-L5. Dr. Clunn put me on a supplement called called Inflamax Forte, it's Turmeric and Boswellia. She also sent me to the rehab facility. Within about 30 days of taking Inflamax my back pain after playing golf was no more. However, the rehab treatments weren't worth the $30 co-pay, I did more working out on my own every morning at MVP, so I cancelled them after two times. The Inflamax was the main thing I took away from seeing Dr. Clunn.

SIMED sells the Inflamax at their office for $26 for 60 pills. The 441 Office is open at various times, so I always called to make sure someone is there, usually Thursday and Friday. They say to take 2 pills a day, but after two months I cut back to one a day, and it still works. In fact, I found a similar product on Puritan Pride's website for $17. I'm just finishing my first bottle and still no back pain.

The Puritan Pride version $17.25

The Villages Florida

Inflama-Care™ Turmeric Boswellia Complex 1,165 mg 60 Tablets | Joint Support Supplements | Puritan's Pride
Old 10-17-2016, 05:04 PM
Sage

I have seeing Dr. Yili Zhou for sciatica pain. I'm very pleased with the comfort I have after a steroid spinal injection in the L4-L5 area.

Dr. Zhou, Florida Pain and Rehabilitation Center, offices in Gainesville, Ocala and Lady Lake. Lady Lake phone, 352-751-6582
Old 10-17-2016, 05:18 PM
Veteran member
Default Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Back/Hip problems – probably need facet joint injections. Has anyone had this procedure done and have a recommendation for a Pain Management/Anesthesiologist MD here in The Villages? Thank you.
IF it is the case of draw blood, take the Plasma and inject it back? Been there, did that. Painful, costly and it did nothing for me except made me very anxious to get out of there.
bbbbbb
Old 10-17-2016, 06:46 PM

Dr. Wayne Nguyen (Winn)- also,with SIMED. In the Villages on 441 & in Ocala.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:42 PM
Sage

Have you tried pressure point treatments? I've had the pain shots (Dr. Zhou) and they did nothing. I went to P.T. and that took away the pain...that was 2 yrs ago. Now it returns a tad bit on my right side (lumbar area) and I go to chiropractic plus a massage therapist that both address my pressure points and it seems to be working. I'm also interested in the supplements mentioned here. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory which even main-stream doctors are beginning to recognize. I'd go for more "natural" before resorting to any other treatments.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:57 AM

Another boswellia- tumeric supplement that gets great reviews-
Douglas Laboratories- Boswellia- tumeric complex. Also has Devil's claw root as an ingredient.
I just started taking this. I think it might be helping.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo11 View Post
Another boswellia- tumeric supplement that gets great reviews-
Douglas Laboratories- Boswellia- tumeric complex. Also has Devil's claw root as an ingredient.
I just started taking this. I think it might be helping.
The Douglas Labs product is actually the supplement sold by Dr. Clunn at SIMED. It was called Infla-Guard and they just changed the name the second bottle I bought. After two months I switched to the Infla-Care when I was trying to find something easier to get and a little less expensive ($17.25). Infla-Guard (Turmeric/Boswellia) is available on Amazon for $30.80, and that was my plan until I found the Puritan Pride version. I already order supplements from PP, so it was easy just to add on to my order. So far I haven't noticed any drop off, but if it's not as good, then I'm going back to Infla-Guard.

Here's the Amazon info:

The Villages Florida

Amazon.com: Douglas Laboratories(R) - Boswellia-Turmeric Complex (Formerly Infla-Guard) - Botanical Extracts to Support Normal Recovery of Joints and Muscles* - 60 Tablets: Health & Personal Care
Old 10-18-2016, 07:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Have you tried pressure point treatments? I've had the pain shots (Dr. Zhou) and they did nothing. I went to P.T. and that took away the pain...that was 2 yrs ago. Now it returns a tad bit on my right side (lumbar area) and I go to chiropractic plus a massage therapist that both address my pressure points and it seems to be working. I'm also interested in the supplements mentioned here. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory which even main-stream doctors are beginning to recognize. I'd go for more "natural" before resorting to any other treatments.
Could you PM me the massage therapist's number? I have not had the pressure point treatment and would like to try it. Thanks
Old 11-04-2016, 01:22 AM

If you can eat pineapple, try Bromelain tabs. I got them at GNC on 442. Used to be ANANASE- an enzyme that expedites tissue healing by almost 30%. Some weightlifters and distance runners use it and claim remarkable healing. I used it early on in the 70's for running and it truly assisted my healing so I would not miss work. Had a fall that messed me up for 8 months. I would have been out on disability had I not used this. Eat fresh pineapple.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
I really do wish I could help you with an important personal referral like this but I am struggling to find a helpful doctor myself. I thought I hit the jackpot but no dice. I'm scheduled to try a new Dr in Ocala next week. I'l keep you posted. Hang in ther.
Closed Thread

Tags
recommendation, pain, villages, procedure, problems

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.