Dermatologist

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2016, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

To show you the difference between Dr. Casper and other dermatologist. I have an appt tomorrow with Dr. Casper's PA which I made over a month ago. At that time they said if I wanted an appt with Dr. Casper himself, it would have to be in February, this is back before Christmas.

There was an ad in the Sun today for a dermatologist on CR466 at the corner of Rolling Acres Rd., I can't remember his name but there is a display ad. He said in his ad, new patients he will waive the insurance copay and he accepts almost all insurances. Sounds like he would be easy to get into quickly.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:47 AM

Dr, Casper is the man!
Old 01-21-2016, 11:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I'm with Kathie, See Dr. Casper, Sante Fe Station on 466.... Dr. Casper did a follow up with a phone call to check-up on the "ole boy", imagine a Dr. that calls to check-up on his patients..
Dr. Casper is so popular that it takes at least two months for a new patient to get an appointment.
Does anyone have any other recommendations?
Old 01-22-2016, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I emailed Dr. Casper's office to ask that question a few days ago and heard nothing.
That's why I asked the question on TOTV.
However I did hear back from his office today - they said Dr. Casper doesn't use cryotherapy.
Are you sure that his office uses cryotherapy? Perhaps they misunderstood my question.
Maybe I misunderstood. If you are referring to liquid nitrogen (cryosurgery) yes, he does as does his excellent PA). Perhaps they misunderstood as well.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:01 AM

I was at Dr Caspers office yesterday and they are booking him for July now.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimivillager View Post
I was at Dr Caspers office yesterday and they are booking him for July now.

Husband was at Dr. Casper's yesterday and Sweetie told him that business must be good, he had to park at Spanish Springs.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
To show you the difference between Dr. Casper and other dermatologist. I have an appt tomorrow with Dr. Casper's PA which I made over a month ago. At that time they said if I wanted an appt with Dr. Casper himself, it would have to be in February, this is back before Christmas.
Does Dr. Casper have more than one PA? Is her name Jennifer?
Old 01-23-2016, 03:22 AM

Quote:
I don't know how many he had but I am seeing Jennifer Davis in Feb. There was a one month wait for her.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
No. Jennifer's the only PA, and she's excellent!
Old 01-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
First time I've been to Dr. Casper's office and Jennifer Davis was great. I've been to the VA dermatologist in Gainesville several times, was even admitted to the VA hospital in Gainesville once for 3 days. Ms Davis walked into the room and shook my hand and within 30 seconds told me exactly what I had, it was two different conditions. One of photodermatitist, which was caused by the statins I take for Cholesterol and a redness on my neck and chest which was caused by my thyroid. I told her I was on thyroid medication, she said I was on too low a dosage and when the VA starts giving me the correct dosage that will go away. I have an appt with my VA doctor on Monday to hopefully fix the problems.

For all VA patients, sometimes it's good to go to an outside doctor for a second opinion. I told her about the VA dermatologist and they always want to take a biopsy but never do anything, and she said they believe less is more. I also mentioned my VA dermatologist was a Florida State graduate and she said, that's your problem, she's not a Gator.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
....I also mentioned my VA dermatologist was a Florida State graduate and she said, that's your problem, she's not a Gator.
She is one smart girl..
Old 01-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Sage

I booked an appointment with Phil, the PA for Dr. Tran.

Last edited by Barefoot; 02-07-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:
I booked an appointment with Phil, the PA for Dr. Tran.
On Friday I saw Phil Walker, a PA in Dr. Tran's office, and I liked her very much.
I wanted a Dermatologist who is golf cart accessible as repeated visits may be required.
(Dr. Tran is located at Laurel Manor in the office complex).

Phil Walker is great -- kind and caring and down to earth!
Thanks for the recommendations on TOTV.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:37 PM

When I made my first appointment with Alliant, I requested to see the doctor; had to wait longer, but I got in to see him. Believe his staff needs to build up some 'experience'.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:

There was an ad in the Sun today for a dermatologist on CR466 at the corner of Rolling Acres Rd., I can't remember his name but there is a display ad. He said in his ad, new patients he will waive the insurance copay and he accepts almost all insurances. Sounds like he would be easy to get into quickly.
Not so! Dr. Cottam only comes to TV every other Tuesday and only takes appointments until around 1:00. I finally got an appointment for tomorrow (Tues 3/29), and then they called me last Fri to say he needed to reschedule. After thinking about how inaccessible he is, I've decided to try Dr. Casper after reading all of these favorable reviews.
Closed Thread

Tags
dermatologist, itchy, staying, fairly, house, quickly, rental, villages, suggestions, advance, critters, bugs, reports, bed, ago, weeks, husband, couple, recommend, good, developed, rash, idea, bumps, red

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.