Dermatologists

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2016, 06:26 PM
Gold member
Default Dermatologists

During 2014/2015, I visited three separate Dermatologists. One up North and two in The Villages as I had to change doctors due to an insurance change. I let each doctor make his/her own decisions. This went on for close to a year. Each doctor took their own biopsies on entirely different areas, some more than others but during the course of the year, each doctor concentrated on different areas and ignored other areas that the other doctors thought were important. On at least one occasion, when a doctor wanted to biopsy, I told him I did not have the time and to spray it instead with LN. It was gone by the time I visited the next doctor.

On another occasion, I had a biopsy taken and was informed it was Squamous. Since I was headed up North for the summer, I could not have the surgery in The Villages. During the summer, I received a letter from the doctor telling me that if I did not have the surgery, it could spread and result in death. I showed this area to my Northern Dermatologist and he looked at it carefully, sprayed it with LN and it went away completely in two weeks.

I have been going to a Dermatologist religiously 4 times a year for at least the last 20 years and only in the last 5-6 years have I noticed a large increase in requests for surgery. In the first 15 years I had one surgery. I have had many since then but this last year visiting 3 separate doctors made me very cautious.,I am sorry to say that for the first time in 20 years, I am now beginning to question the need for some of the surgeries from Dermatologists not just in The Villages but some here apparently do their "fair share" even the "good" ones getting great recommendations.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Maybe you could share with us what the referred to errant diagnosis doctors had to say when you confronted them with your experience with their diagnosis?
Old 01-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Maybe you could share with us what the referred to errant diagnosis doctors had to say when you confronted them with your experience with their diagnosis?

Take from my experience whatever you want. The only people who it will be shared with are those in power to correct it. I hope that is OK with you.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Sage

I hear you. There seem to be questionable diagnoses. Is it because we are older and/or Medicare patients?
Closed Thread

Tags
doctor, years, surgery, year, areas, villages, time, doctors, dermatologists, summer, dermatologist, occasion, visited, biopsy, separate, north, change, carefully, religiously, completely, weeks, noticed, 5-6, times, sprayed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.