Flu shot goat rodeo

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

OK, so many of you were able to have Medicare cover the HD shot I have to believe that is the case. So now I can't trust Walgreen's Pharmacy? I just paid the $55. Guess I need to write to Walgreen HQ with the information and see what they have to say. I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't even really care about the $%%, I really care about getting ripped off by them for any amount.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
OK, so many of you were able to have Medicare cover the HD shot I have to believe that is the case. So now I can't trust Walgreen's Pharmacy? I just paid the $55. Guess I need to write to Walgreen HQ with the information and see what they have to say. I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't even really care about the $%%, I really care about getting ripped off by them for any amount.
Insurance companies and their coding make the world a mess.
I had trouble with our Walgreen here also so I think it is a corporate problem somebody putting the code in the system got it wrong.
I checked with my insurance and they said hubby was covered (over 65) and that I was covered due to my medical history (lung scarring) but I would have to get the shot from my Doctor as he would have to code it as a medical necessity issue. Went to the Dr, clerk put the wrong code on it and so it was disallowed then they had to resubmit. The world is getting so complicated that I don't know how those who are not mentally agile cope, and I worry that some day I won't be able to.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Sage
Default No more Walgreens

Went to walmart last year for a basic flu shot.....cost......free. Went to walgreens this year......cost.....30.00. So, we went home and called our insurance company and told them our experience and they didn't know why walgreens were charging. They told us to go to our physicians office and get them for free, so we did. Had another debacle with walgreens about 3 weeks ago with a prescription. We are convinced they have no idea who's doing what and when, so I am switching our prescriptions to Sweetbay pharmacy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.