Heel Spur!

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Default Heel Spur!

I am in the need of a Board Certified Foot and Ankle Podiatrist for surgical removal of a very painful heel spur. Has anyone had this surgery in or around The Villages? Any recommendations?
Old 10-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Gold member

I feel your pain....literally. Is this a self-diagnosis and/or self-determined treatment choice?

I have had a heel spur for decades, and it is very visible in an X-Ray, but it turns out that the pain was from Planar Fasciitis. I have always gone with the natural instinct to cushion the heel. However, that is not the right approach. The solution is to raise the arch. Thanks to Dr Wu at Tri-county Podiatry, I am pain free due to his prescribing the proper insert for my shoes.

Last edited by TheVillageChicken; 10-25-2014 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Dr. Johnny Wu is an excellent person to turn to. I had a torn Achilles tendon and he said he could operate or I could keep it immobilized for 12 weeks. I chose the immobilization and it worked.

He was educated at the University of Michigan.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:22 PM

The best place to go is Mayo Clinic. WARNING I several heel Spurs operated on by a doc here in TV he did a horrible job!,long story! I cannot name him here for fear of slander. Anyone can pm me for his name. Had Mayo fix the bad job.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:35 AM

Talk to Dr. Shannon Floyd, she is in the Villages and is fantastic !!! Did some surgery on my foot and is better than new.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:39 AM
Gold member

Another vote for Dr Wu.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:40 AM

Thanks for your input folks. This is neither self-diagnosis or self-determined treatment choice. I have just returned from seeing my DR in PA where I received cortisone injection #3. The spur has grown a great deal since the initial shot in June. I cannot have another injection until June, 2015. My DR recommended the surgery. If surgery is the answer, I would much rather do it here in FL after the holidays. I will continue to pursue this process.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.