Lake Medical Imaging

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2016, 12:58 PM
Platinum member
Default Lake Medical Imaging

Does anyone have any preference between the Lake Medical Imaging office in Lake Sumter (Old Camp Rd) and the location in the Sharon Morse building? This would be for a mammogram?
Old 01-14-2016, 01:00 PM
Eternal Member

Been to both many times. Most of the time I go to Sumter because it's a little closer to me.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:50 PM
Platinum member

Love Sumter, quick in and out and results before you leave.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:06 PM
Platinum member

When going in for a mammogram, they usually ask you to make your appointment for the following year. When you make that appointment for a year away....you don't have a script from your Dr. When you go in for your appointment, have you always been asked for the order (script).... Or have they just done the mammogram without the script?
Old 01-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Gold member

When your "next year" appointment is about due, you just call your doctor about a week before and he sends the script over to the Imaging office. That's what has worked for me for the last 3 years.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I took my wife just last week to Lake Imaging at Old Camp Road for a mammogram. I was there last summer for a cat-scan. It's very nice and large waiting room. The woman who greets you at the mammogram desk (go in the door on the left of the building) is the nicest person I've met at a medical place. She was showing everyone photos of her wedding, and how she lost 62 pounds and her mother is the woman who takes you to the back. They didn't have many magazines but the receptionist kept us entertained. She also has a degree in education but prefers to work in a medical office ever since she was young and she would visit her grandmother in a rest home.

My wife had transferred from Premier Medical to The Villages Medical last year, so we had to pick up a CD Rom of her last mammogram to take to this exam, and they did ask for it. In fact they wouldn't do a new one until they had the last one. My wife didn't make an appointment for next year, about half the woman who came out made an appt and half didn't.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Been to both many times. Most of the time I go to Sumter because it's a little closer to me.

Me too. Nicely run, very warm and helpful staff both places is my opinion.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:51 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Does anyone have any preference between the Lake Medical Imaging office in Lake Sumter (Old Camp Rd) and the location in the Sharon Morse building? This would be for a mammogram?
I live closer to Lake Sumter so use Lake Medical Imaging there. My doc is located in sharon Morse building and Lake Medical Image also has an office on the first floor to the right as you enter the building. I suspect either location would be fine.

Trust you will receive uneventful results and have sent that same message to God

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-14-2016, 04:50 PM
Platinum member

I have been many,many times to the Sharon Morse location. Always very pleased with all aspects. Very speedy, very professional, etc.

Don't recall reason why I ended up at the Lake Sumter location for mammo last year and this year. Last year was fine. This year not so great.

Won't go into details. But...it does sound like it must have been an isolated situation since you all seem to like the Lake Sumter location.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:29 AM

If your going for a screening mammogram and do no want the complimentary breast exam Lake Medical Imaging offers you are usually in and out in less than 30 minutes. If you have a history of breast cancer, it will be longer. ALSO, The Colony Plaza location on 466A and the Mulberry location in front of the VA building are 2 added locations that are just as efficient.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:14 PM

go to sharon morse,lake not good in my opinion the front desk gets info wrong
Old 02-06-2016, 08:33 PM
Dancing Thyme

I used Sharon Morse location for the first few years when I arrived here. When Lake Sumter opened, I started using that office. Both are equally excellent, in my opinion, but I'm in love with Lake Imaging and all their doctors. They saved my life.

I've also used the one in Leesburg a while ago when I couldn't get an appt at Sharon Morse quick enough and they also are very good. Actually most of the doctors are the same, they rotate to the different offices.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

Tags
lake, imaging, medical, building, sharon, location, morse, mammogram, preference, camp, sumter, office

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.