Lake Regional Urgent Care Billing

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts
Default Lake Regional Urgent Care Billing

Received a bill today from Lake Regional Care Billing for $85 for a visit in April 2008 (5 yrs ago). Bill stated last attempt before sending to collections. Called the company and found out it was the first bill and should have been for $10. Apparently, they are trying to catch up after 5 years. Although I have an issue with the timing, since we had insurance at the time which would have paid all after our fee (which we paid), the supervisor didn't want to listen and said she would send a revised bill and rudely hung up.

My warning is to be alert to a possible catchup phase by this company and don't simply pay the bill. The supervisor claimed that we should not blame the company since it was a "computer error". Wow, what a wonderful excuse!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

"He said...., She said...." - all verbal, undocumented stuff. To protect yourself and your credit rating, I would send them a certified letter, return receipt requested, disputing the bill in writing. Refer to the phone call if you want, but get the facts of the dispute in writing least you find you next letter coming from a collection agency and you credit rating in tatters.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Default Insurance first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
"He said...., She said...." - all verbal, undocumented stuff. To protect yourself and your credit rating, I would send them a certified letter, return receipt requested, disputing the bill in writing. Refer to the phone call if you want, but get the facts of the dispute in writing least you find you next letter coming from a collection agency and you credit rating in tatters.
We had something similar happen several years ago. Our insurance company required bills within one year of the date of service, or the provider was out of luck. And under our state insurance regulations, the provider was not allowed to bill the patient instead. Your provider undoubtedly knows the regulations backward and forwards and is trying to get whatever they can.
I don't know what Florida regulations permit, but in your letter, I would include your 2008 insurance info, tell them the bill should go to your provider for processing. We never heard any more about it, and likely you won't either. But put it in writing and keep a copy with the bill.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:34 PM

As a rn case manger I handle bill all the time for for my patients. You must always send your appeal in writing and I would also report this to the state dept of consumer affairs. I believe there is a time limit that they must bill you in Where i am it is 2 yrs . It is also the providers responsablity to send you a itemized bill on your request so you can see if you did rec' d what they are billing for. They must prove they attempted to collect this before they can charge you interest
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.