Mediterranean Diet?

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I had been taking fish oil to try to lower my cholesterol and also for inflammation. I have had several orthopedic issues over the years. I stopped taking it a few weeks ago and noticed that my hips have started to hurt. I was told several years ago that eventually I would need new hips and had cortisone shots about eight years ago that helped a lot. I haven't had any trouble since the shots and had been taking fish oil regularly. I'm wondering if stopping the fish oil has to do with this sudden resurgence of hip pain. I'm also taking glucosamine and chondroitin, but recently read that glucosamine is made from shellfish shells. What is De Esslestyn's position on fish oil or glucosamine for inflamation?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I had been taking fish oil to try to lower my cholesterol and also for inflammation. I have had several orthopedic issues over the years. I stopped taking it a few weeks ago and noticed that my hips have started to hurt. I was told several years ago that eventually I would need new hips and had cortisone shots about eight years ago that helped a lot. I haven't had any trouble since the shots and had been taking fish oil regularly. I'm wondering if stopping the fish oil has to do with this sudden resurgence of hip pain. I'm also taking glucosamine and chondroitin, but recently read that glucosamine is made from shellfish shells. What is De Esslestyn's position on fish oil or glucosamine for inflamation?
Why would you change whats working for you based on what someone on a internet discussion board says. Please talk to someone that knows you like your doctor and work with them for a treatment that's taylored for your exact needs
Old 09-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
What is De Esslestyn's position on fish oil or glucosamine for inflamation?
I don't know, I can give you his email to ask him directly.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.