TV Hospital expansion and parking

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Sage
Default TV Hospital expansion and parking

The $50 million expansion of The Villages Regional Hospital was announced in May and preliminary site work has begun.

I found this to be interesting. Sumter County will require TVRH to provide a minimum of 600 parking spaces.

TVRH has identified two options:
1. On-site option: Purchase land adjacent to TVRH and construct a parking garage.
2. Off-site option: Develop a surface lot across 27/441 behind The Villages Crossings for employee parking, and provide shuttle transportation between the parking lot and TVRH.

Below is a Memorandum of Understanding between Sumter County and the owners of TVRH allowing a grace period to select one option. This enables TVRH to obtain building permits prior to selecting one option. The memorandum is on the agenda of the Nov. 12, 2013 Sumter County Board of Commissioners regular meeting.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3608.pdf (278.0 KB, 106 views)
Old 11-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Veteran member

Looks like the county laid down the law... no parking facility, no certificate of occupancy.

How many hospitals have been constructed or expanded in the USA over the last 40 years? I would think the number of parking spaces needed for that sort of facility/population would be, within a range, well known.

Was that some sort of oversight?

I would not be pleased if I my spouse was in that hospital and I could not find a place to park my car.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Veteran member

Parking around the hospital presently is a problem....let alone adding more rooms and offices? Please, for the sake of sanity, add more reasonable parking with a garage. So many of us are older and may or may not have a problem walking. Consider us in your decision making.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Sage

Why is this notable?

Many Villagers are being driven to the hospital in cars (and not golf carts because they are sick, feeble, weak, need A/C or heater in the winter), and most visitors and especially staff would come in cars. More rooms added on means more staff, patients and visitors, and they need to park!
Old 11-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Seems I remember reading an article lately that a multi level parking garage would be built. Wait and see

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.