Villages health......again

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Platinum member
Default Villages health......again

Posted this in response to another thread...thought I'd give it it's own thread.

For those that have gone with the villages health care system, how soon were you able to get in to meet your new primary care physician?

Is anyone concerned that when season is in full swing and all of the folks are needing to get in to meet their new dr's...that there may be a long wait to get an appointment? How about during season and you become ill, but the villages clinic is booked solid for appointments? Is there an urgent care affiliated with the villages plan where one can go if their PCP is booked? Will the result be to sit for hours in the hospital emergency room? Is this new "Marcus Welby" plan capable of handling the amount of folks that will be signed up?

I wish there was more time to make a decision on my health plan. I'd like to see how this plan is gonna work during a busy season.....and the dr's who are signing up here...are they all new dr's that are just looking for experience under their belt, and will move on soon? Are the dr's that are signed up, good dr's? I guess we won't know that for quite a while.....time will tell.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Veteran member

My wife is in UHC/The Villages as of Jan 1 2014.
The doctor she had in 2013 under PCP Plan is also in the UHC plan. The thing is... it doesn't affect visits until Jan 1, 2014. Isn't this the 1st year for "the villages' plan?

And I looked in the provider directory we received and there are urgent care centers in each of the tri-county area as well as hospitals including MRMC, Leesburg regional, Villages regional and more.

Under summary of benefits you SHOULD TRY TO USE those in the plan but as always your emergency dictates process.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 11-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Platinum member

Each doctor in The Villages Health Program has only 1250 patients assigned to him or her, which is much less than most doctors in a medical practice. They also work together in teams, so seeing your doctor, or a doctor should not be a problem.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Gold member

Most of the questions posted by op have been answered in the other thread. I had a need before my first appt was scheduled but they got me in that day. How much clearer can we make it....you can see someone that day if it truly cannot wait. Just go to the offices of UHC, attend one of the many seminars, go to a center....you can get all the info that you need to make the vest decision for yourself. We can't do all your homework for you, each person is different.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.