Buy Now Doesn't MEAN Buy Now

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Default Buy Now Doesn't MEAN Buy Now

Has anyone else had trouble selling items where someone says they are "Buying Now" but never contact you and actually blow off the whole sale? What do you do in a situation like that?
Old 08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

Yes, twice lately. Frustrating. I think that they sell the item and then they don't remove the posting.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 08-13-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martysmom View Post
Has anyone else had trouble selling items where someone says they are "Buying Now" but never contact you and actually blow off the whole sale? What do you do in a situation like that?
I assume you are talking about E Bay. I think there is a "waiting period" before you can file a complaint but it does happen and it is frustrating in that you have to relist but.... you won't be charged for (selling) it.

Also don't forget to give NEGATIVE feedback against buyer. Good luck
Old 08-13-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird22154 View Post
I assume you are talking about E Bay. I think there is a "waiting period" before you can file a complaint but it does happen and it is frustrating in that you have to relist but.... you won't be charged for (selling) it.

Also don't forget to give NEGATIVE feedback against buyer. Good luck
No, actually it's here! I had someone buy an item with the Buy Now button and then never heard from them in regards to payment. Tried emailing and calling but nothing.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:52 AM

I relisted. I gave them 48 hours. I hope no one else has to experience this. Very frustrating!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:26 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
No, actually it's here! I had someone buy an item with the Buy Now button and then never heard from them in regards to payment. Tried emailing and calling but nothing.
It happened to me once on my posting on here. The person did PM me their phone number and when I spoke with him I told him that he had committed to buy the item by clicking the buy it button. He seemed surprised but went through with the transaction. I would possibly report it to the administrator so that he knows this is going on. I'm not sure how you would relist the item once it is marked sold.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:58 AM

I actually am having the opposite problem of the OP. Bought an item yesterday using the Buy Now button but so far have had no reply from the Seller. Received a system email receipt acknowledging the purchase with the seller's email address and sent them an email to contact me but so far I have heard nothing.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas
Default Read the post wrong initially

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMSr View Post
I actually am having the opposite problem of the OP. Bought an item yesterday using the Buy Now button but so far have had no reply from the Seller. Received a system email receipt acknowledging the purchase with the seller's email address and sent them an email to contact me but so far I have heard nothing.
Twice very recently and a time or two within the last year, I have tried to find out information about an item posted "for sale". In each case the seller ignored my requests for information such as measurements. Yet, in each case, the item remained "for sale". Then, after several more days of posts, the items were noted to be "sold". Frustrating.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 08-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
After the buyer clicks Buy Now, he is presented with the instructions that the SELLER will contact him. The SELLER is notified via his email address of the purchase by Panjo.

Read your emails.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
After the buyer clicks Buy Now, he is presented with the instructions that the SELLER will contact him. The SELLER is notified via his email address of the purchase by Panjo.

Read your emails.
I got that email. I sent this person 3 emails, 2 messages on TOTV and even called his phone number twice. Finally I said he had until noon today to contact me or I was putting it back up for sale.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Sage

I tried to buy the doggie stairs on here. I never heard back from the seller.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:01 PM

I used the Panjo app for the first time today to sell an item, and I can understand why previous posters are frustrated. I know there are thoughtless sellers and buyers out there, but I also think there are some flaws in this app that may be fostering hard feelings where none were intended. I have used Craigslist and TOTV (before the Panjo app was installed) to sell items, so I assumed I could figure out the drill. I posted an item this afternoon and subsequently received private messages from two potential buyers. I responded to both messages and swapped phone numbers with the first responder. We completed the transaction face-to-face, and then I got on the computer to see if I could figure out how to mark my item as sold. Easy-peasy, right? Here's where it got complicated. While I was trading merchandise for cash, a third person had clicked "Buy It" on the website and had THEN messaged me. She was excited that she had "bought" my item and wanted to connect to arrange pick-up. Yikes. I checked the website and my item was indeed listed as SOLD, even though I had not entered that information yet. I messaged the third person and apologized for the mix-up, but who erred here? I think all four of the people involved believed we were doing business correctly. This app appears to have some cracks in it that are pretty easy to fall through, and a more readily accessible tutorial would be appreciated. (BTW, I looked for a tutorial before I started but didn't find it.)
Old 08-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I got that email. I sent this person 3 emails, 2 messages on TOTV and even called his phone number twice. Finally I said he had until noon today to contact me or I was putting it back up for sale.
You are correct in putting it back up for sale. There are too many people using feature that are totally unfamiliar with online buying from Craigslist and Ebay or TOTV for that matter. Also there are many people that rarely check their email. That is a bad habit that they are going to have to break if they are going to buy and sell online.

I much prefer if the seller and the buyer use Paypal. It is secure and so totally simple. Then "Buy Now" means exactly that. You can close a transaction at 3 a.m. if you like.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:16 PM

Chad here from the marketplace support team. Thanks for sharing these experiences. Here on the support team we want buyers and sellers to have successful and satisfactory experiences. You can feel free to report any bad actors to info@panjo.com we track all the reports and if someone is habitually unresponsive, they don't deserve to use the marketplace.

This being the summer, it isn't uncommon for buyers and sellers to be traveling and for there to be some delays in response.

As a seller, you can protect yourself from disappearing buyers. Use the integrated payment processing. When a seller circumvents the integrated payment processing the seller opens herself to this and other issues. If a buyer puts down money, you know you have a completed transaction.

As a buyer, look for listings with a Buy Now button with a "Payment secured by PayPal" badge beneath. You don't have to pay with PayPal. You can use most any credit or debit card. (Get some points!) If the seller disappears on you, you are guaranteed to get a full refund.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...9.12.28-pm.png

[ATTACH]4***6[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 9.12.28 PM.png
Views:	173
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	44336  
Old 08-14-2014, 04:11 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

There is more to this problem. Many, in fact most ads have no contact information. And unless the information is very complete, buyers have questions. With no contact information, buyers are clicking the buy now button hoping to see more contact information.

There needs to be a way to ask the seller a question before making a buy commitment. E-Bay has that, Panjo does not. At least not a way that is obvious to me and I am sure others.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.