Problems with ToTV

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts
Default Problems with ToTV

I have seen several complaints with ToTV recently. Here is what I found that worked for me.

I deleted my old bookmark. Then I manually went to the site, by typing in:
www.talofthe villages.com.

Once at the site, I recreated my bookmark, and then entered the site as normal.

This has cleared up a long standing problem that I was having, and may have cleared up some interment problems.

I hope this helps others.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Dancing Thyme

Thanks VT, this is a new computer and I didn't use an old bookmark but I'm thinking that its something having to do with a missing website cause its never happened before. I'll bring it back tomorrow to have them check it out. I'm also running some background programs because I can see how slow the system is running. Maybe I'm missing some spyware that I had before... Look at me, talking like I know what I'm talking about, lol. I have no clue!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-13-2014, 11:47 AM

Is anyone else having trouble reaching the sellers on Talk of the Villages? I have 'messaged many sellers multiple times & get no response. I try to contact a seller, no one answers. I swear my emails are not going through. Anyone else? Diedra
Old 11-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedra View Post
Is anyone else having trouble reaching the sellers on Talk of the Villages? I have 'messaged many sellers multiple times & get no response. I try to contact a seller, no one answers. I swear my emails are not going through. Anyone else? Diedra
I have had the same problem. I reported it to Panjo support but have not gotten an answer yet. I found that when I sent a message to a seller, it was ending up in my Panjo Inbox instead of going out to seller

In the interim, I would click on the seller's name in the ad and try to send a regular Private Message rather than a Panjo Message.

Last edited by Indydealmaker; 11-13-2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: add title
Old 11-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
I have had the same problem. I reported it to Panjo support but have not gotten an answer yet. I found that when I sent a message to a seller, it was ending up in my Panjo Inbox instead of going out to seller

In the interim, I would click on the seller's name in the ad and try to send a regular Private Message rather than a Panjo Message.
I was a seller and received a message from Panjo telling me that there was a message. I opened the message...a buyer wanted to set up a time to look at the article. I tried responding and got an "undeliverable message"
I liked the old system MUCH better.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Administrator

We have been looking into this as well.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
We have been looking into this as well.
If it were up to me (which of course it is not), I would interface the "messages" with the parties' email addresses. Although, of course, sellers and buyers have to be trained (flogged) to actually look at their emails daily.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. We'd love to figure out what happened for you.

1. What was the item you reached out to? A URL would be helpful.
2. Did you receive an email notification about your new message? If so, can you forward a copy of that email to juan@Panjo.com?

Sincerely,
Juan @ Panjo Support
Old 11-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANJO View Post
Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. We'd love to figure out what happened for you.

1. What was the item you reached out to? A URL would be helpful.
2. Did you receive an email notification about your new message? If so, can you forward a copy of that email to juan@Panjo.com?

Sincerely,
Juan @ Panjo Support
This problem has occurred on all of the messages that I have sent to Sellers. I do not hear back from seller and when I look in my Inbox, my outgoing messages are there. Here is a screenshot. Several other members have also reported that the sellers are not receiving their messages.

I have received no email notifications.

panjo-screenshot-jpg

Here is the URL of the seller's item:
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/classifieds.php?p[mshow]=listing&p[id]=motorcycle-harley-v-rod-160362
Old 11-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Admin,

I recently sent you a note complaining about not getting a response from a seller after multiple tries. It looks like you have a MUCH BIGGER problem. Assuming that I ever get my merchandise, this will probably be the last time I use this PANJO site.

VT
Old 11-14-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
This problem has occurred on all of the messages that I have sent to Sellers. I do not hear back from seller and when I look in my Inbox, my outgoing messages are there. Here is a screenshot. Several other members have also reported that the sellers are not receiving their messages.

I have received no email notifications.

Attachment 46043

Here is the URL of the seller's item:
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/classifieds.php?p[mshow]=listing&p[id]=motorcycle-harley-v-rod-160362
Hi Steven,

Thanks for the detailed information. I looked into your report and want to confirm for other people reading this thread that the seller did receive your message, and did respond.

I think, in general, there is confusion about how the message system works. All messages between you and other users appear in a "conversation thread" in the messages inbox. This is true even when you send the first message in a conversation. It sits in the inbox until a reply comes in below it.

We're sincerely sorry for the confusion. We are looking into design changes that will make this clearer. We are also considering incorporating "read receipts" so that you may know if the recipient has read your message or not.

Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions for how to improve the message system, or Panjo in general.

We truly appreciate your feedback and assistance in testing this!

Sincerely,
Juan @ Panjo Support
Old 11-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANJO View Post
Hi Steven,

Thanks for the detailed information. I looked into your report and want to confirm for other people reading this thread that the seller did receive your message, and did respond.

I think, in general, there is confusion about how the message system works. All messages between you and other users appear in a "conversation thread" in the messages inbox. This is true even when you send the first message in a conversation. It sits in the inbox until a reply comes in below it.

We're sincerely sorry for the confusion. We are looking into design changes that will make this clearer. We are also considering incorporating "read receipts" so that you may know if the recipient has read your message or not.

Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions for how to improve the message system, or Panjo in general.

We truly appreciate your feedback and assistance in testing this!

Sincerely,
Juan @ Panjo Support
As of today, I have finally received a reply from a Seller.

I agree that some changes need to be incorporated. This area should function more like a traditional email control panel with Inbox and Sent mail. I also received a reply from a Seller to whom I had directed an query last month by resending yesterday via TOTV Private Mail. They indicated that they had not previously received it.

Bully for the fixes!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
As of today, I have finally received a reply from a Seller. Bully for the fixes!
Bully for you!
You went to the trouble of contacting Panjo and detailing the problems.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I have seen several complaints with ToTV recently. Here is what I found that worked for me.

I deleted my old bookmark. Then I manually went to the site, by typing in:
www.talofthe villages.com.

Once at the site, I recreated my bookmark, and then entered the site as normal.

This has cleared up a long standing problem that I was having, and may have cleared up some interment problems.

I hope this helps others.
Tinker - experienced the same problem - could not get access with my old bookmark for days. Finally typed in the site and was able to get access no problem - not sure what the deal is, but obviously am now up and running.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:09 PM

So glad to hear other people are experiencing buying/selling troubles w/ Panjo. I have tried all the suggestions listed here & nothing has worked. Ocala4sale or Craigslist, anyone? Diedra
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.