Arnold Palmer restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I may have to go with you for the tapas! My husband hates to graze... wants a plate full of dinner all at once and not several little things. I have to drag him to tapas when it's my birthday or mother's day and he can't refuse!
The menu looks really good. All we can do is give it a try and see just how small the plates really are. Who knows, maybe they are bigger than we think. LOL
Old 07-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Sage

Tapas are sort of like Dim Sum but without the baskets.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-24-2014, 12:57 AM

Overall, you can judge a place by the order system: If they have one of those fancy computer systems with the push window orders, you are getting frozen meats, canned goods, and bottled flavorings.

An epidemic of crap has been sold to the restaurant ordering systems of most places these days. No need for Chefs, just a need for 10 dollar an hour "line cooks."
Old 07-24-2014, 06:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
Overall, you can judge a place by the order system: If they have one of those fancy computer systems with the push window orders, you are getting frozen meats, canned goods, and bottled flavorings.

An epidemic of crap has been sold to the restaurant ordering systems of most places these days. No need for Chefs, just a need for 10 dollar an hour "line cooks."
You are absolutely right. But on the plus side, it keeps cost down. Most seniors are very interested in price.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post

"""SAYS WHO""" Please give us a little information of your background that you feel makes you and expert on ordering systems and quallity of food

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are absolutely right. But on the plus side, it keeps cost down. Most seniors are very interested in price.
I see you agree -- you do not like the new computer systems - and therefor judge the food by the ordering system ??????? Times change --- Older is not better - even though some of us would like to believe that

Last edited by nitehawk; 07-24-2014 at 06:49 AM. Reason: change color
Old 07-26-2014, 06:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RErmer View Post
Sorry you had such a bad meal. That's why hubbie and I have lunch there (which they do very well) and not dinner.

That's exactly what we do. I think lunch is much better than dinner at Palmer. Nothing wrong with the dinners we have had just a much better value for what you get at lunch. I do have to say that the two dinners plus apps, desert and a bottle of wine for $ 50 is also not a bad deal
Old 07-26-2014, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
"""SAYS WHO""" Please give us a little information of your background that you feel makes you and expert on ordering systems and quallity of food

I see you agree -- you do not like the new computer systems - and therefor judge the food by the ordering system ??????? Times change --- Older is not better - even though some of us would like to believe that

I am not clear what you mean by the ordering system. I have not ever noticed if serving staff have some techy device.

There are a LOT of frozen and partially premade meals happening in the restaurant business. That doesn't mean they aren't good. I may not be as good a golfer as some, but I have been eating for a long time. AND....little kids, old men and drunks just love me.

There is a slight possibility if you knew me, you might like me.

I really like Arnold Palmer restaurant and think their burgers are delish. I know for a fact that they aren't premade.

P.S. I am also a fan of the TV show called "Semi Homemade". I think that is what a lot of restaurants do.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:47 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Technology is a good thing. However there does not have to be an inversely related relationship between technology and a good product. Computers obviously are being used to cut a restaurants expenses, especially given health mandates, increases in minimum salaries, increase costs/shortage for food.

I could get very use to sitting at a table with a touch screen and placing my order and when finished with my meal using that same screen to pay my bill

Ostensibly a restaurant still has to get your order to you quickly and at the proper temperature. A restaurant still has to provide a good product in a pleasing presentation. A restaurant still has to maintain a clean and orderly environment. Given technology employees can be focused on those aforementioned issues.

Bon Appetit
Old 07-27-2014, 05:42 AM

Thanks for the info. Saved us a bad experience.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Veteran member

I've found that it's best to believe none of what you hear and read when it comes to restaurant reviews. I like to form my own opinions and not run with the "herd". jmho
Old 07-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I could get very use to sitting at a table with a touch screen and placing my order and when finished with my meal using that same screen to pay my bill
We have done this at the Carmel Cafe in Tampa using an ipad. Loved the high tech experience which worked great. The food was very good too!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.