Beef O'Brady's

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Strange, this just doesn't sound like Randy. He once insisted on comping my meal simply because he felt I had waited too long (not my opinion and absolutely no complaint on my part). He must have been having a really bad day.

I do agree that it really isn't fair to ask for a kid's meal. The profit margin on food is minimal at best. As has been suggested, eat what you want and take the rest home or simply order an appetizer.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-26-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Strange, this just doesn't sound like Randy. He once insisted on comping my meal simply because he felt I had waited too long (not my opinion and absolutely no complaint on my part). He must have been having a really bad day.

I do agree that it really isn't fair to ask for a kid's meal. The profit margin on food is minimal at best. As has been suggested, eat what you want and take the rest home or simply order an appetizer.
It isn't fair to ask for a kids meal? So if you take a 7 year old out they should order a full meal and take the rest home? I have a stomach that is smaller than a 7 year old. A full meal is 3 for me, why should I have to eat the same thing for days? A regular adult asking for a kids meal, refuse it. Someone with a medical reason, honor it. And don't be so pathetic and refuse to face the customer
Old 05-26-2016, 05:52 PM
Platinum member

Sounds like a bad day for the manager. I would definitely complain as high up the corp. chain I could.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's a giraffe View Post
It isn't fair to ask for a kids meal? So if you take a 7 year old out they should order a full meal and take the rest home? I have a stomach that is smaller than a 7 year old. A full meal is 3 for me, why should I have to eat the same thing for days? A regular adult asking for a kids meal, refuse it. Someone with a medical reason, honor it. And don't be so pathetic and refuse to face the customer
I too have had a gastric bypass. I too have a card like that given to me by my surgeon. However, I never use it. My husband and I share, or I order a smaller portion like an app or a half salad when available. Or, I take some home. It's a waste of time trying to use the card. If the restaurant allows you to order off the children's menu that's great, but if they say no then nothing will change their mind. However, you should not have been treated that way no matter what the issue was. It's less stress to find a different option.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Must just be the one at Colony.
The ones in Wildwood, Southern Trace and Mulberry are all great places to have a meal.
We have tried BOB 3 different times at Southern Trace and have finally given up. Don't think their food is very good. Yep, all three times we walked away with the same opinion. We even tried all kinds of food from the menu, never ordering the same thing the next time. Thought each time how silly we were for trying yet again. Haven't been back since the 3rd try! 3 strikes and you are out!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
We have tried BOB 3 different times at Southern Trace and have finally given up. Don't think their food is very good. Yep, all three times we walked away with the same opinion. We even tried all kinds of food from the menu, never ordering the same thing the next time. Thought each time how silly we were for trying yet again. Haven't been back since the 3rd try! 3 strikes and you are out!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
To each his own. We got to the Beef O'Brady's in Southern Trace about twice a month and rarely have any complaints. My parents did kind of quit ordering from Crispers in the same location in favor of Subway.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:00 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Isn't this simply an issue of filling a customers order? It is in my view like telling a customer you can have water but if you want a lemon slice then I; ll charge you for it. In fact i may start charging for water because I really ant to sell you booze which is really where restaurants make their money.

giraffe asked for a child's portion and was willing to pay for it in return.

If the person asking was in a protected class and the restaurant owner refused him or her the federal government would have had the owner ostracized
Old 05-27-2016, 05:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Record10ti View Post
I think I need to go there with my Service Dog and see what they have to say....
A real service dog ? Their hard to distinguish thease days

Last edited by karostay; 05-27-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

I don't understand the complaint here. Every menu that I have ever seen makes it clear that there is an age limit for the kids' meals. Anyone who expects to receive special treatment needs to accept the fact that they will often not get it.

Sorry, OP. This will not keep me away from Beef O' Bradys. Asking others to stop going to a business simply because you are angry is asking too much.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
A real service dog ? Their hard to distinguish days
No kidding right! Mine was attacked by a German Shepherd at a Publix who's owner claimed it was his "physical protection" dog. What a crock.

I have mine due to my epilepsy, she knows I will have a seizure hours before I do. She is amazing what she knows and how she responds.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I can't remember when I haven't taken home one of those white boxes with half my meal that I said I would never take home when I got older. We as a total group must be clogging the landfill with Styrofoam.

Restaurants are in business to make money. I know that going in. They do not do social work. I am VERY thrifty, some call me tight, but I don't ask for a smaller portion for a cheaper rate, even though I don't eat all I am served.

To me this is kind of like the bathroom issue. Common sense should have been used. The manager should have just honored your request, and you should have sensed that he was a little irked and thought about why. He is out to get your money. That is why he works there. He probably has other mouths to feed too. The Server too.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-27-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Record10ti View Post
No kidding right! Mine was attacked by a German Shepherd at a Publix who's owner claimed it was his "physical protection" dog. What a crock.

I have mine due to my epilepsy, she knows I will have a seizure hours before I do. She is amazing what she knows and how she responds.
What they are doing amounts to stealing the rights from people that require the use of a real service dog not to mention stealing from lodging owners and other business that would normally charge a pet fee.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:32 AM
Sage

A person protection dog in my honest opinion is the equivalent of carrying a gun with a modified trigger, if you use it you will have big legal problems.

Should have gotten law enforcement involved with the "personal protection" dog
Old 05-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's a giraffe View Post
*I am new to this site and registered so I am able to get the word out about my recent experience at the Beef O'Brady's in the Colony Plaza*
>A little history< I have had bariatric surgery and with that surgery it makes me physically unable to eat a "normal" portion of food. I have a medically needed accommodation card that states this and to allow patron to order off of the child's menu........
I went to Beef O'Brady's for lunch today and attempted to order a kids portion. The server took my order but shortly came back and said the owner (Randy Holaway) would not allow it. I inquired as to why and she said "He says he sees these all the time and he doesn't care what they say". I was completely shocked! He doesn't care? Give a professional explanation, do not simply say "I don't care". I requested to speak with him and the server came back and said "He said he doesn't want to engage with you, but you are welcome to not return". I can not believe the lack of respect Randy Holaway has for his customers! How can someone run a business with such a mean, hurtful attitude? I have had poor customer service in the past; I have NEVER been treated so badly that I would not return. I will not return to this Beef O'Bradys! I hope all who read this understand how terrible this treatment was and choose to dine elsewhere.
First of all I respect you for your decision to have the operation. In the most respectful way I would like to let you know first hand that the great results that are apparent early on after the procedure can be reversed in a very short period of time. I'm thinking possibly that you have had the operation a short time ago and asking about a restaurant's rules before you go are not second nature to you yet. If you called and spoke to the manager before you went to eat and got a favorable answer them you have the person's name and could proceed to dine. We all learn as we go thru this life, no one including you and the people in any restaurant are perfect. Please do the after treatment that they provide so that your health stays good and your weight stays off. I figured out how to get past that full feeling and the statistics of my drastic decline and enormous gain are staggering. Plan ahead today and everyday so you don't experience the total crash and burn that I have. If you need any questions answered please feel free to PM me. Good luck on your journey to health. For me early on after the operation going into a restaurant was similar to an alcoholic sitting at the bar.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
A person protection dog in my honest opinion is the equivalent of carrying a gun with a modified trigger, if you use it you will have big legal problems.

Should have gotten law enforcement involved with the "personal protection" dog
He was banned from Publix. I guess the dog would bark at people in the store often as well, As a legal extension of me, if my dog was barking in a store that it not any different from me yelling "**** You" over and over at the top of my lungs (and I would thus be tossed from the store). At the end of the day the guy claimed that he was going to sue the store. My dog had a small puncture wound on her ear and had to be coaxed out from under a cash register.

I did not have the time to get police involved, and the store took the proper actions. A police dog is a "Personal Protection" dog, and would never attack another dog in a public place.
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, obradys, return, order, care

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.