Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2014, 06:49 PM
Veteran member

Pavarotti's in Ocala.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:29 PM

IIRC, isn't NY the best at everything?
Old 08-25-2014, 08:35 PM
Veteran member

the title of this thread is best pizza. there is no such thing in florida. i have given up trying to find it. now we buy the pizza dough at publix and we make our own. and it is delicious.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:10 PM

The thin crust Pizza from the Mallory CC is Best IN The Villages

The Margherita is 1st Choice

Anything else they make is also Very good.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:59 PM

Mezzaluna
Old 08-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
the title of this thread is best pizza. there is no such thing in florida. i have given up trying to find it. now we buy the pizza dough at publix and we make our own. and it is delicious.
I want to try their dough and make pizza at home. Is their dough good? Are there any special hints you can give? Do you cook it on a stone? Do you sprinkle corn meal on the pan/stone under the crust? What do you use for the sauce?

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Give us some hints here. I've also given up trying to find good pizza here. And whoever said Mezzaluna, you must be kidding! You are, right?
Old 08-26-2014, 04:25 AM
Sage

Domino's and Little Ceasars.

NYPD Pizza gets my vote on 466.

If Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza ever moves a chain to TV, then I would vote for them. The one in Ft. Lauderdale is great.

I have lost the illusion, there is fine dinning in TV. Decent food, but not great.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 08-26-2014, 04:30 AM
Gold member

Belleview Pizza! Really, really good but closed on Mondays, and they only take cash!!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Domino's and Little Ceasars.

NYPD Pizza gets my vote on 466.

If Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza ever moves a chain to TV, then I would vote for them. The one in Ft. Lauderdale is great.

I have lost the illusion, there is fine dinning in TV. Decent food, but not great.
There is an Anthony's Coal Fire in Altamonte Springs...a little closer than Ft. Lauderdale!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
IIRC, isn't NY the best at everything?

We are the best because of our superior gene pool.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
I want to try their dough and make pizza at home. Is their dough good? Are there any special hints you can give? Do you cook it on a stone? Do you sprinkle corn meal on the pan/stone under the crust? What do you use for the sauce?
Travelguy, I agree. My husband buys Publix crusts and cooks it on the grill. There is an endless possibility for toppings.
Getdul, we actually sprinkle grits on our dough ( we are from the South). :-) and cook the pizza on the grill (lid down). No stone, just lay the dough on the grill.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
WOW, I'm surprised it took 15 post before a New Yorker to pipe in and tell you how much better pizza in NY is.

I'm from an Italian area of Boston and we also have great pizza. I wish a Papa Ginos would move down here.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:18 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,775 Times in 3,643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
WOW, I'm surprised it took 15 post before a New Yorker to pipe in and tell you how much better pizza in NY is.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha View Post
The pizza at Flippers in Spanish Springs is my favorite in the area. I enjoy the thin crust with double ground beef. The real cheese and the exquisite sauce blends nicely with the freshly made thin crust which is cooked to perfection in their brick ovens. The ground beef is not a few small meatballs, but small seasoned crumbles spread out over the entire pizza under the bubbly hot layer of cheese. The uniformity of the ground beef on top of the rich delicious sauce is a nice treat for the tastebuds. Flippers has a high quality product and they stay busy with many repeat customers. The lack of adequate nearby parking during peak hours of business and the throng of customers waiting for a seat are a couple of inconveniences, but are worth dealing with to enjoy a high quality product.
I agree with ALOHA! Me and my wife find Flippers in Spanish Springs the best pizza around. We get the meatball pizza. We are originally from Long Island, NY and know what the BEST pizza in the country tastes like and while Flippers is not the same their Quality is the best around IMHO!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.