Best Restaurant in Each Florida County.

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2016, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default Best Restaurant in Each Florida County.

2016: Best Restaurant In Each Florida County

What would be your picks for Lake, Sumter and Marion Counties?
Old 06-12-2016, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

For us, we like Turners in Leesburg for Lake County. We are also fans of Miz Kathi's Southern Cotillion in Wildwood for Sumter but we have, on occasion, been disappointed with meals there. We haven't eaten at enough places in Marion to have a favorite (yet).
Old 06-13-2016, 09:22 AM
Platinum member

Hemingway's at Havana is far better than Miz Kathi's Cotillion in Sumter County.

I'd vote for Cuvee Wine & Bistro in Ocala for Marion County

Just saying.

Skip
Old 06-13-2016, 10:26 AM
Sage

Must second Skip's two choices--IMHO, Hemingway's is the best restaurant in The Villages--they don't make cookie cutter entree's and they know how to put great drinks

Cute Bistro--steak & chops are just great, wine choices are great for the $$
Old 06-13-2016, 09:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Must second Skip's two choices--IMHO, Hemingway's is the best restaurant in The Villages--they don't make cookie cutter entree's and they know how to put great drinks

Cute [DAM AUTO CORRECT] Bistro--steak & chops are just great, wine choices are great for the $$
And I read that Cuvee has been sold recently too.

Skip
Old 06-14-2016, 10:21 AM
Veteran member
Default Am Still Waiting

Am still waiting for a great chef that his or her passion is for making great dishes. Partly it's our fault for not being a foodie in Tri County. I am still waiting for the day when there will be a James Beard recipient or CIA graduate operating in or near The Villages. Doesn't even have to go that high. Does anyone know of a chef who's love of food see no boundary? We love everything about The Villages except restaurants. Was in Northern VA recently. The place was not a good restaurant area but now the diversity and the level of good food is all around. Cathal of Restaurant Eve in Old Town, Alexandria is one of the best in the country. Perhaps I am dreaming but even if one chef, would make a difference. Hope someone can name a restaurant with that kind of a chef and we'll frequent that place.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
Am still waiting for a great chef that his or her passion is for making great dishes. Partly it's our fault for not being a foodie in Tri County. I am still waiting for the day when there will be a James Beard recipient or CIA graduate operating in or near The Villages. Doesn't even have to go that high. Does anyone know of a chef who's love of food see no boundary? We love everything about The Villages except restaurants. Was in Northern VA recently. The place was not a good restaurant area but now the diversity and the level of good food is all around. Cathal of Restaurant Eve in Old Town, Alexandria is one of the best in the country. Perhaps I am dreaming but even if one chef, would make a difference. Hope someone can name a restaurant with that kind of a chef and we'll frequent that place.
Yup, noted chef, Norman Van Aken (James Beard Award Winner), well known in Florida for a number of "top end" restaurants, is opening a new one in Mount Dora later this summer. Should be spectacular.

But I'm not sure if the residents of Mount Dora and Lake County can handle it. Orlando, Winter Park, Dr. Phillips, Lakeland, Winter Garden, maybe. But not Mount Dora. If 1921 does take hold, you can say goodbye to Pisces Rising which is still doing a brisk business even after 13 years of poor service and expensive food.

We'll see.

Skip
Old 06-16-2016, 09:35 AM
Veteran member

You are right. I was disappointed with Pisces Rising. I think many people fall for the atmosphere and service. It's too bad. Looking forward for Norman's new restaurant ever since I heard about his new place. And I agree about sustainability in Mt. Dora. Hope there are enough foodies around to keep the place humming. Nothing fancy but I enjoy going to Oakwood Express and having baby back. I especially like their French fries, the best around I think. Also, their onion rings are pretty good, quite juicy.
Closed Thread

Tags
picks, lake, sumter, counties, marion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.