Daryl's diner

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Gold member
Default Daryl's diner

We just discovered this diner this morning on 441 heading north after mattress firm in advanced auto shopping plaza. We were so excited being from NY and missing our diners. Now I will critique it but keep in mind everyone is different. I was in mood for a vegetarian omelet. Their omelets do not come with cheese (hmm) it was $8.50 for omelet with two ingred such as pepper and onion and 50cents for each additional ingred. So I decided to settle for a turkey BLT. The crust of bread was burned, too much mayo (but that's just me). It was just OK. Now hubby loves breakfast and said he didn't care for the sausage, but again food is subjective and others may like it. His opinion was it was just OK. We did have other issues like he never got the grits he ordered, his eggs were not cooked the way he ordered etc but we didn't complain as he was starving after his endoscopy this morning. This is the diner that is coming to pinellas so will be interesting to see what others think. We don't rate as bad but don't rate as great either. The waitress said its his 8th diner and he is doing very well
Old 04-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

My husband and I went to Darrel's for the first time two weeks ago and were very impressed. The service was great and the food delicious. And coffee was included in the price! We will definitely go back!!
Old 04-30-2015, 01:11 PM

Been there a few times. Each visit the food was good and the staff friendly. Will be going back.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Veteran member

Been to this diner many times. Each time the food has been great, the service prompt and friendly and have enjoyed each visit. It stays busy, so I presume others feel the same way.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:31 AM

Just a heads up. Coffee is not included with every meal. Just a couple of breakfast items on the menu.

Rollie
Old 05-01-2015, 08:00 AM

I went for the first time last week also. Got seated right away and the coffee's. It was about 915 on a weekday. The place wasn't full at all. Our order must have taken at least 30 minutes to receive. I got nothing more than warm bread for the toast and my 2 egg meal looked like just one egg. Wife wasn't impressed with her omlet either. Better choices for sure for us.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I haVe been anxiously awaiting the opening in Pinellas plaza. I hope I'm not disappointed.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Sage
Default Nothing special

Went to Daryl's for breakfast yesterday (Sunday) around 11:00. There was a wait to get in. We were seated after about ten minutes waiting, which was fine reasonable. The menu is limited. I read that it was limited but I guess I had expected a few more choices for breakfast and lunch. Given there was such a limited menu, we expected to be served rather timely. However, it took 40 minutes for our food to come out. The food was hot and tastey. They did forget sausage that came with my breakfast but the server delivered them quickly. The coffee was good, as well as the service. For me, the diner is nothing special and the food was as good as other places I've had breakfast. I will probably not go back, but not due to the quality of food but because I like other places better. Hubby usually likes lunch for breakfast and the menu was too limited for him as well. I do think they will do well and wish them lots of continued success!
Old 06-15-2015, 08:50 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Which one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Went to Daryl's for breakfast yesterday (Sunday) around 11:00. There was a wait to get in. We were seated after about ten minutes waiting, which was fine reasonable. The menu is limited. I read that it was limited but I guess I had expected a few more choices for breakfast and lunch. Given there was such a limited menu, we expected to be served rather timely. However, it took 40 minutes for our food to come out. The food was hot and tastey. They did forget sausage that came with my breakfast but the server delivered them quickly. The coffee was good, as well as the service. For me, the diner is nothing special and the food was as good as other places I've had breakfast. I will probably not go back, but not due to the quality of food but because I like other places better. Hubby usually likes lunch for breakfast and the menu was too limited for him as well. I do think they will do well and wish them lots of continued success!
There is more than one Daryl's Diner (never been to one) is this in Pinellas? I too was looking forward to another breakfast place in the south end of TV.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:00 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

There are only two places around for a decent quick and reasonable breakfast. Both are a bit on the unsavory side, but they open early, food is served hot and fast and is always good. Fruitland Park Cafe on 441 just South of 466a and Wildwood Coffee House on the corner of where 466a hits 301. Lots of local characters, interesting conversations, and good prices. Cafe opens at 6:00 AM (coffee is 50 cents)and Coffee House opens at 5:00 AM.

Son Rise food isn't to bad but the service suffers. Very friendly wait staff, but they stop and chat with customers so long that other customers get ignored, food gets served cold, and coffee refills are a long suffering wait. Little Bits food is good, service is decent, but prices are high. Pancake House costs me $15 to leave the place.

Breakfast is not rocket science. For some unknown reason places in The Villages can't seem to figure it out. Most have the grills to hot so eggs get crisped on the edges, service is lacking, or prices are high. It costs less than 17 cents to make a cup of coffee, but most places charge you over $2.

Anyone tried Cane Garden since they started serving breakfast?
Old 06-15-2015, 09:19 AM

Had breakfast at Cane Garden yesterday and was pleased. 2 eggs,bacon,pancakes and grits.the coffee was excellent (can't tell you the price of coffee but the breakfast plate was $5.99)
Service was very good, coffee refilled constantly,food fast and hot.
It's on my go back list for sure.

Last edited by mrscrimefighter; 06-15-2015 at 09:20 AM. Reason: added name
Old 06-15-2015, 10:00 AM

Cane Garden has a wonderful breakfast for my taste, but that is a discussion for another thread.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:58 AM

Yes, I believe there is a Cane Garden thread. I was simply answering a question posted on this thread asking if anyone had tried Cane Garden. Please understand understand that it was not intended to hijack this thread.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Sage

We went to Pinellas.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
There are only two places around for a decent quick and reasonable breakfast. Both are a bit on the unsavory side, but they open early, food is served hot and fast and is always good. Fruitland Park Cafe on 441 just South of 466a and Wildwood Coffee House on the corner of where 466a hits 301. Lots of local characters, interesting conversations, and good prices. Cafe opens at 6:00 AM (coffee is 50 cents)and Coffee House opens at 5:00 AM.

Son Rise food isn't to bad but the service suffers. Very friendly wait staff, but they stop and chat with customers so long that other customers get ignored, food gets served cold, and coffee refills are a long suffering wait. Little Bits food is good, service is decent, but prices are high. Pancake House costs me $15 to leave the place.

Breakfast is not rocket science. For some unknown reason places in The Villages can't seem to figure it out. Most have the grills to hot so eggs get crisped on the edges, service is lacking, or prices are high. It costs less than 17 cents to make a cup of coffee, but most places charge you over $2.

Anyone tried Cane Garden since they started serving breakfast?
I think Rae Rae's on 441 (between 466 and 466A) is the best breakfast you can find around The Villages!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.