Dirty Mc Donald's

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimturner View Post
you are talking about a business that hires minimum wage employees and serves up inexpensive junk food. Trust me, you should not be concerned about tables that are not bussed to the standards of fine dining establishments.
Just for an experiment, try making a nice post just to be different.

Example: It sure is nice to have a mcdonald's so conveniently located in colony and i am impressed how they manage to get it cleaned up between breakfast, lunch and dinner with all the in and out customers.
like !!!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimturner View Post
You are talking about a business that hires minimum wage employees and serves up inexpensive junk food. Trust me, you should not be concerned about tables that are not bussed to the standards of fine dining establishments.
Just for an experiment, try making a nice post just to be different.

EXAMPLE: It sure is nice to have a McDonald's so conveniently located in colony and I am impressed how they manage to get it cleaned up between breakfast, lunch and dinner with all the in and out customers.
Really LIKE
Old 11-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default McDonald's good coffee---low wages

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
And they want $15.00 per hour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another way to look at it----if they paid more perhaps they could hire "better" employees. This thread has very mixed opinions. I have been to this McD many times after golf---early morning, middle day or early afternoon---- it is always very busy but never seen it "dirty" as described by the OP.

I believe the OP that "things" were in a mess at the time visited. I also believe others who say things were fine when they visited this MCD. Bottom line---it's all about management. Maybe during this visit they were between managers or maybe he/she just got fired. Who knows?

I like their Coffee---especially before or after golf. Fore!
Old 11-24-2015, 10:11 AM

they just raised the minimum wage in Seattle and McDonalds installed self serve kiosks..just puch your order in and wait
Old 11-24-2015, 10:24 AM
Gold member

The problem is with the fanchise owners. This is a very expensive store to buy in a very high traffic, high potential area. I have also stopped there a few times for a coffee and amazed by how slow service was for the number of people working there. That is one problem with the Villages growth, you lose one customer and two new ones are waiting to take his place. We have a Dunkin Donuts nearby that has same problem. I think these kinds on businesses need the "owner in the store".
Old 11-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I don't have an opinion on that McDs because even though it is close to us, I never have been there. But I do have an opinion on management styles in restaurants -- fast food or casual dining or whatever other kind......

I like to see a manager who is quietly visible among the staff, working alongside, setting an example, building a team......but, yeah, I know.....

But, hey, at least they could invoke that old tried and true philosophy of managing staff in a restaurant....."Ya got time to lean, ya got time to clean."
Old 11-24-2015, 08:27 PM

If the worst thing that happens to you in a day is going to a fast food restaurant and seeing dirty tables, then consider yourself lucky. You are not in the hospital, you are not poor, you are not struggling to survive. Really? A dirty McDonalds?
Old 11-24-2015, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesi3putt2 View Post
they just raised the minimum wage in Seattle and McDonalds installed self serve kiosks..just puch your order in and wait
Wow! I'd really like to see some of the folk here try to punch in an order in a self-serve kiosk; the fast food would turn into really SLOW, SLOW food. There are people that stand and stare at the menu like they've never been in a McDonald's before.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:25 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post
Why????

If it's dirty, it's dirty, and when it's empty, somebody has time to clean tables and sweep but the manager's not making them do it and he's not doing it himself.

Might as well ask how often he beats his wife, too.
Well stated
Old 11-25-2015, 06:55 AM

I copied some of these posts and notified McDonald's Corporate:

Hello Randy:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the McDonald's in The Villages, FL with me. Your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to better understand how we can improve our service to you.

I am sorry for the lack of cleanliness you observed. Please be assured that we want to provide you with an exceptional experience every time you visit us. From your email, it is clear we did not meet your expectations. Again, I am truly sorry we disappointed you.

I want you to know that I have already taken action on your feedback. After reading your email, I immediately shared the information you brought to our attention with the local franchise owner of the restaurant you visited. Additionally, customer feedback is reviewed with our regional McDonald's consultants as part of our ongoing commitment to improving our restaurants' operations.

Again, Randy, we appreciate your business and thank you for sharing your feedback.

Christopher
McDonald's Customer Response Center
Old 11-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I agree about the dirty McDonald's. The last two times I have been there about 6:00 p.m. No food was made ahead, there was a wait on everything. There was one poor lonely guy in the back making food and the rest of the employees were goofing off in the front. All of the tables were dirty as well as the trash overflowing and the floors dirty. When I got my food the fish sandwich was so cold I was afraid to eat it. The fries were tough and hard. I went up and asked for a replacement. They threw my food across the room like a basketball to the trash. This place is going downhill fast. No manager in sight.
If no food was made ahead, how was it that your fish sandwich was cold?
Old 11-25-2015, 02:12 PM
Platinum member

Letter should be sent to the home office of MacD.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

On my first job in a dairy bar back in the 60's, my boss took me through my job and showed me what he expected. Cleaning the grill, meat slicer, washing the floor etc. When washing the floor he pointed out that he did not want to see dirt in corners and along edges. He did it and said that was the standard. I wonder if they do that anymore. I certainly knew what he wanted for my $1/hour.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Gold member

Mc Donalds was my very first job back in the 70's. I was 15.

The motto was "IF you can lean...you can clean"

I got fired after 2 days....no one ever taught me how to count change and I spent most of my time trying to subtract 72 from a dollar and how to make the amount in nickles dimes and pennies to give to the customer.....

They give you a math test but never teach you how to count up...to give change. Never learned that in high school either.

True story
Old 11-25-2015, 05:41 PM
Sage

Holy smokes. I was making correct change at 13 working in a fruit and vegetable store. No cash register receipts to tell you how to do it either.

Tags
dirty, care, manager, empty, close, place, table, mcdonalds, donalds, colony, 466a, square, clean

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.