Glenview Country Club

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2016, 05:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

You won't get spanked, because nobody knows to whom you are speaking!
Old 11-04-2016, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
What don't you understand? Yes, it is one of our favorite places or it WAS one of our favorite places. We happen to enjoy sitting in the lounge and they have a great lounge to sit and enjoy a drink. The ambience of the building is excellent, the dining room is very reminiscent of a Boston Gentleman's Club - which is what we are used to. The garden room overlooking the golf course is lovely and could be even better with a little attention.

However, the food has steadily gone downhill over the past few years, and the menu is in dire need of change and they desperately need a MANAGER who knows how to run a dining establishment.

Now, what don't you understand!
Reread your last sentence. How then can it still be one of your favorite places????

Last edited by alancusa; 11-04-2016 at 05:28 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-04-2016, 05:52 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Glenview was a periodic choice for our golf group. Not my favorite since celebrating an anniversary a number of years back and getting a horrible meal (steak & shrimp). So when the group chose Glenview I would grin and bear it. Much to my delight the Glenview rule of not sitting anyone until all of the group arrives killed that option. There are a great number of others places that are more accommodating.

Expectations..my brother tells me I'm spoiled because my wife still loves to cook and is really good at what she loves....and included in her repertoire is many of my mothers recipes. Life is good and I am grateful
Old 11-04-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Glenview was a periodic choice for our golf group. Not my favorite since celebrating an anniversary a number of years back and getting a horrible meal (steak & shrimp). So when the group chose Glenview I would grin and bear it. Much to my delight the Glenview rule of not sitting anyone until all of the group arrives killed that option. There are a great number of others places that are more accommodating.

Expectations..my brother tells me I'm spoiled because my wife still loves to cook and is really good at what she loves....and included in her repertoire is many of my mothers recipes. Life is good and I am grateful
Your comments about Glenview are spot on!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
group, odd, arrived, half, seated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.