Glenview country club revisited for "cheeseburger in paradise"

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Default Glenview country club revisited for "cheeseburger in paradise"

We just back from Glenview Country Club after not eating there in over a year....$5.50 "cheeseburger in paradise" lunch special. The cheeseburgers were fresh made to order and we both substituted onion rings . We also had the buffalo wings/drumettes for appetizer with oodles of carrots, celery and blue cheese dip.....the wings and onion rings are the "meatiest" around and cheeseburgers excellent (no more Beef O'Brady's or Cody's for us)........ My husband and I reviewed both the lunch and dinner menu with new items and VERY good pricing for steaks/NY strips. We have travelled as far as Jeffrey Paul's Chop House in Leesburg, Ruth Chris's in Winter Park and used to eat at Cattlebaron's (2007)when the taste, quality and service was there......We had an EXCELLENT experience today with everything including the food, service and ambiance and WILL be returning there again soon...
Old 05-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

That's really good to hear. Thanks.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Veteran member

I liked that review mrich61-going to go check out the wings!
Old 05-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I'll have to try Glenview. I'm always looking for the best burger in the villages. So far the best one I have had was from the Pub at fiesta bowl.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Gold member

Thank you for this review! This is most helpful.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We love Glenview, love the noise in the Pub, love the ambiance in the porch overlooking the golf course and love the elegance of the dining room, just have always loved Glenview and it's in our back yard which helps!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Gold member

Best and cheapest burger in TV IMHO.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:43 AM

I agre about the hamburger and many of the other dishes at Glenview. Glenview is one of our FAVORITE Country Club restaurants in the Villages. The food is always very good and the prices are reasonable. We go there a lot.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I'll have to try Glenview. I'm always looking for the best burger in the villages. So far the best one I have had was from the Pub at fiesta bowl.
"Best Burger" in TV
Try the small diner in the Shell convenience store at Colony. I have never in my memory had a better burger.

This place is the best kept burger-breakfast-porkloin secret in TV
Old 05-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Sage

I agree about the small diner behind the Shell station on Colony. Great food, best breakfast. Sadly it's only open until 2 p.m
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

A couple of years ago I got a burger to go at the parking lot pool grill at Lopez to take out on the golf course. The burger was great but the price was $9, I said that's a little high for such a small burger. They informed me to come back on Friday's when it's only $5, I said I'll keep that in mind.

Around the same time I had gotten a Glenview burger after a Saturday neighborhood softball game for $5. It was twice the size and was great. The only negative was it came with just potato chips, then they said, you could of substitued the chips for fries for a dollar more. I said, I'll keep that in mind.

A week or two later I was playing golf at Glenview and said, I think I'll get one of those $5 burgers to go to take out on the course. When I got the burger the bill was $9, I said I thought they were only $5, they said that is only on Saturday. I said I'll keep that in mind.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Sage

Glenview is one of the best places to have lunch, in TV. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-03-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
We just back from Glenview Country Club after not eating there in over a year....$5.50 "cheeseburger in paradise" lunch special. The cheeseburgers were fresh made to order and we both substituted onion rings . We also had the buffalo wings/drumettes for appetizer with oodles of carrots, celery and blue cheese dip.....the wings and onion rings are the "meatiest" around and cheeseburgers excellent (no more Beef O'Brady's or Cody's for us)........ My husband and I reviewed both the lunch and dinner menu with new items and VERY good pricing for steaks/NY strips. We have travelled as far as Jeffrey Paul's Chop House in Leesburg, Ruth Chris's in Winter Park and used to eat at Cattlebaron's (2007)when the taste, quality and service was there......We had an EXCELLENT experience today with everything including the food, service and ambiance and WILL be returning there again soon...
Wow! Jeffery Paul's and Ruth's Chris compared to a cheeseburger at Glenview. Sounds like a stretch.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
"Best Burger" in TV
Try the small diner in the Shell convenience store at Colony. I have never in my memory had a better burger.

This place is the best kept burger-breakfast-porkloin secret in TV
It's called the "Blue Plate Diner" and it's Burgers beat anyone else's hands down.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.