Gluten Free

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2016, 05:55 PM
Default Gluten Free

Are there any good gluten free restaurants in the villages or around the area? Thank you
Old 08-22-2016, 10:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob30 View Post
Are there any good gluten free restaurants in the villages or around the area? Thank you
Question has been asked a few times before.
Search for those words in the threads in TOTV.

That said, totally Gluten Free Restaurants are few and far between (might be 1 in all of Florida) but the best place to find those that offer gluten free food on their menu is with The Villages Gourmet Club website.

Go to their Search Page and choose "Within 30 miles" in Section 3a and "Serves Gluten Free Food" in Section 4a, then hit the "Search" button.

Some restaurants are better at it than others.

Have fun.

Skip
Old 08-23-2016, 06:38 AM

Mom and Dads on 441 has gluten free options on their menu.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:44 AM

Mom and Dad's is the best when it comes to gluten free selection. They offer an entire gluten free menu, including gluten fee rolls and desserts. All pastas, rolls and desserts are made in house and are delicious.

Cane Garden also offers a small gluten free menu.

If you like Thai food, there is Thai Phoon in Crystal River. Highly recommended. If you tell them you are gluten free they will make sure to advise you if there gluten free options.

Last edited by Jakesmom208; 08-23-2016 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Additions
Old 08-23-2016, 04:52 PM

Sakura will make you fried rice with Gluten free soy sauce (Tamari) and with Tamari I eat sushi. Sakura might also make you something else with Tamari if you ask them. Another vote for Mom and Dads - the Cheese ravioli is AMAZING! As is the other gluten free options - they also have gluten free bread for your sauce dipping and they also make a daily gluten free desert. There are quite a few places for Gluten free pizza: Cane Garden, Bravo in Sumter and Red Sauce has Pizza as well as gluten free fettuccine (must ask for Gluten free fettuccine).Red sauce also has risotto and a great salmon dish with fresh veggies. Johnny Rockets in Sumter has gluten free buns. My favorite is Five Guys Burgers and fries. They can wrap the burger in lettuce or give it to you in a "Bowl" with all the toppings plus the fries are gluten free because that is ALL they fry in the oil and there is no cross contamination. Hope that helps.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:56 PM

I like the gluten free pizza at Francesco's on 441. And I agree with the comments about Mom and Dads. There gluten free me no is large and good.
If Uncle Maddios is nearby -they have good GF PIZZA too. Just my opinions
Closed Thread

Tags
gluten, free, area, villages, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.