High end chain restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
One should not base a decision like moving to TV soley on what someone said on a blog like TOTV........................
& don't believe anyone would.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Bogie, you're right. I am pretty sure that no retirement destination comes with a guarantee that everyone will agree with everyone else and that a-holes are denied access.

The Villages is not a personality-restricted private club. Rather, it is a melting pot of mostly old farts, warts and all.
I had one of these hollar at me for waiting, in my cart, for a car to pass thru a gate. Even when you point out what they are, they remain non-believers.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltingGal View Post
You, Dewilson58, are the perfect example of why I have been resistant to buying in The Villages. I have just made my first and last post on this forum.

Please read back on a lot of his (her?) posts. When we type things...without body English and facial expressions, thoughts can be taken wrong.

There are those, but not too many, that I know when I see their avatar name ....here comes trouble. But I haven't ever thought that of DeWilson.

When I first started posting years ago, I got my feelers hurt too, but you will miss so much if you don't just hang in and throw it back and forth.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Please read back on a lot of his (her?) posts. When we type things...without body English and facial expressions, thoughts can be taken wrong.

There are those, but not too many, that I know when I see their avatar name ....here comes trouble. But I haven't ever thought that of DeWilson.

When I first started posting years ago, I got my feelers hurt too, but you will miss so much if you don't just hang in and throw it back and forth.
I'm a proud Gracie follower. She has corrected me and recommended to me; and I've learned to enjoy TOTV because of her and many others who really care about the advice they give. Like I said: Give us a try.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I'm a proud Gracie follower. She has corrected me and recommended to me; and I've learned to enjoy TOTV because of her and many others who really care about the advice they give. Like I said: Give us a try.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
You, Dewilson58, are the perfect example of why I have been resistant to buying in The Villages. I have just made my first and last post on this forum.
Actually, Quiltinggal, I found your post rather negative toward TV and am not surprised someone was offended by it. It was a bit snarky.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:43 PM

I would not make a decision about my retirement residence based on a blog or forum. I have rented in The Villages for 2 years. We have numerous close friends who live in The Villages...some of them for as long as 10 years. Last year we rented in another central Florida community to help us make a well-informed decision. If I sounded "snarky" or offended anyone, I apologize. As I have read on here many times, The Villages is not for everyone. It has a lot to offer. I just don't think it is for us.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Quote:
I would not make a decision about my retirement residence based on a blog or forum. I have rented in The Villages for 2 years. We have numerous close friends who live in The Villages...some of them for as long as 10 years. Last year we rented in another central Florida community to help us make a well-informed decision. If I sounded "snarky" or offended anyone, I apologize. As I have read on here many times, The Villages is not for everyone. It has a lot to offer. I just don't think it is for us.
I love it here............I hate to see anyone not have the same love. I smoke cigars, you quilt..........we are all different and what I think is cool is how TV is such a great melting pot.

Good luck with your journey...........if it ends up back in TV, I'll keep my smoke away from your quilts.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

Not to highjack this thread (LOL)...but Ocala has a restaurant that is very similar to Ruth Chris:
Mark's Prime Steakhouse :: Home
Old 09-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
I would wager of all the high end connoisseurs we have here, 95% couldn't tell the difference between a Ruth Chris and a Longhorn steak if blindfolded. Funny how people think they are an expert because they are from the Mid-west, Northeast, New York or wherever.
Doug, I'm from NY and I agree. Lots of folks talk the talk.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Default Dress Codes

After looking at 11 pages of comments... and have been to many restaurants in The Villages... I do wonder if we have enough dinners that are willing to take their hats off and shorts off and wear respectable dress attire or business attire? This according to the Ruth Crist web sites.. the preferred dress code... so far not that I have observed even in our nicer places to eat here... this all goes into their surveys I would be sure!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
A high end steak house was tried in Spanish Springs, it lasted 6 months. A lot of folks in TV dine out 4 to 6 evenings, not looking to break the bank each night. Just my thoughts.
Ate there twice and IMO, white table cloths don't make it high end. Steaks were no better than served at Longhorns for less money.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Platinum member

There was a thread not too long ago about a rumor that Sam Snead's Tavern was coming to Brownwood.....I am OK with that
Old 09-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
I would wager of all the high end connoisseurs we have here, 95% couldn't tell the difference between a Ruth Chris and a Longhorn steak if blindfolded. Funny how people think they are an expert because they are from the Mid-west, Northeast, New York or wherever.
I

I don't know about other folks but I'm from Texas and I can even tell you if it's grass fed or corn fed, even what breed of steer it was cut from.
Just kidding but I do know a good steak when I eat it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.