Krystal Restaurant Opening in nearby Leesburg!

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2014, 07:55 PM

I never tried the breakfast at Krystal...

The Villages Florida
Old 08-30-2014, 07:59 PM

Nice Combo Special...

The Villages Florida
Old 08-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Sage

Did anyone know that country music singer Crystal Gayle took her stage name from Krystal hamburgers? It was from the suggestion made by her sister, Loretta Lynn.

Seems like kind of a stretch to go from Brenda Webb to Crystal Gayle, doesn't it?

Anyhow, I have never eaten a Krystal hamburger and probably never will.

I do like the music of both Crystal Gayle and Loretta Lynn, though.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:00 AM
Platinum member

I often stop at the Krystal in the Atlanta airport for a quick bite. Like it.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Actually, I prefer the chicken burger at Krystal...give it a try. Also, it seems the new store is rather small. Obviously not as big as the one in Ocala. Do hope they have a few booths to sit at.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:55 PM

Today was the first day of operation for the local Krystal Restaurant. Controlling traffic was a significant factor, as huge numbers of customers visited the sparkling new restaurant. It became necessary for several managers and staff to set up traffic cones at the entrances and allow customers to enter two lines that surrounded the building. All the parking slots were filled and the traffic line extended out onto Highway 27 at various times during the day. The response by the general public has been overwhelming. Of course, after a few days or weeks, the serious traffic congestion will dissipate and customers will be able to be served in a timely manner. I suspect the corporate officials from Krystal are ecstatic with the profound interest shown by the local customers.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Eternal Member

Once the crowds clear, I will give it a try. I haven't had a fresh Krystal burger in a while. I do not think that the ones in the frozen section of Publix are that great. The bun never seems to get as soft as a real Krystal burger bun is.

Z
Old 09-02-2014, 08:38 PM

PRESS RELEASE FROM KRYSTAL: LEESBURG, FLORIDA NEW LOCATION

The Villages Florida

THE KRYSTAL COMPANY OPENS FIRST LOCATION IN LEESBURG, FLORIDA
(LEESBURG, Fla.) –
The Krystal Company, known for its classic, small and square Krystal burger that has been a Southern favorite for more than 80 years, will celebrate the grand opening of its first Leesburg, Florida, location with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Tuesday, Sept. 2.

The restaurant will open at 815 N. 14th St. and serve Krystal’s iconic burgers – made with 100 percent USDA beef, diced onion, mustard and dill pickle – all steamed to perfection on the famous Krystal bun. The menu will also include Krystal Chiks and Pups and breakfast items like the Sunriser and Scramblers.

“Leesburg is a tight-knit community and we have many guests who currently drive to our Orlando locations to experience Krystal,” said Vice President of Development and Construction Brian Blosser. “We look forward to serving Krystal’s craveable burgers, breakfast and specialty items to our fans right here in Leesburg.”

The restaurant will be open Sunday through Thursday from 6 a.m. to midnight and 24 hours on Friday and Saturday. It will open to the public at 6 a.m. on Sept. 2, with the ribbon cutting at 8:30 a.m.

The Krystal Company is eager to add new jobs in the community and is currently hiring for all positions at its Leesburg location, including general and assistant managers, shift leaders and team members.

The Leesburg location is part of a systemwide expansion for The Krystal Company, which anticipates opening up to 100 new units over the next three years.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:56 PM

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.