Mezza Luna

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2016, 07:41 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Being fairly new here I have noticed that you post lot's of opinions on restaurants. I also have observed that you prefer sitting most of the time when given the choice at the bar for dinner...Why ?

To us the bar is uncontrolled mayhem certainly not what one would expect on going out to dinner for a relaxing quiet evening with friends/partner/family and conversation on a now and then evening out.

So by choice why do you subject yourself to that...Curious..
We just like the bar and the bartenders. We have a lot of friends and we go out with them quite often. Many of our friends like the bar. We like to listen to the music, dance and just have a good time. Today 6 of us went to Crackers in Crystal River for lunch, had a great time, then stopped at Honest John's for a couple of drinks and sat at the bar and had a great time. As far as "subjecting" myself to that, that is what we like. We just like to all have a good time. Had a nice Girl's Night Out at Katie Belles Monday with 15 of us. Sat in the bar area & had a blast !!!!
Old 08-14-2016, 07:48 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljlnc View Post
Picked up pizza from Mezza Luna and the crust was burnt and when I called them they did not really care. Will not recommend them. We have had lunch there a few times and pleased but will not support The Villages restaurant again.
You say they really didn't care. What did they say ? Did they say too bad, or we don't care or too bad eat it anyway?
Old 08-14-2016, 08:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Being fairly new here I have noticed that you post lot's of opinions on restaurants. I also have observed that you prefer sitting most of the time when given the choice at the bar for dinner...Why ?

To us the bar is uncontrolled mayhem certainly not what one would expect on going out to dinner for a relaxing quiet evening with friends/partner/family and conversation on a now and then evening out.

Subject yourself to that?? I suspect you come from a different world, where going to a restaurant is only a place to eat. Eating at the bar is a way to get know the staff, interact, enjoy being a part of the atmosphere while still enjoying the food. It is more than going, eating, and going home. Try it, you might like it.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:28 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Subject yourself to that?? I suspect you come from a different world, where going to a restaurant is only a place to eat. Eating at the bar is a way to get know the staff, interact, enjoy being a part of the atmosphere while still enjoying the food. It is more than going, eating, and going home. Try it, you might like it.
My friend owned three restaurants in upstate New York. One a steakhouse and the other two had a ruby tuesday theme. He told me his places made profit primiarily from the bar. Those restaurants are still going albeit my friend sold them and moved to Atlanta some years back to get away from the long winters
Old 08-15-2016, 06:49 AM
Sage

Puuuulllllleeeeeaaaaassssseeeee!!!!!

OP likes to eat out and enjoys almost all of the restaurants for what they serve and the ambiance.

I sometimes sit at the bar if a restaurant is too crowded. The food tastes the same and I can get a drink faster.

Picky, picky, picky, picky..............If one does not expect too much, one will never be disappointed.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 08-15-2016, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Where ever Bonny goes there is a party. She is always surrounded by many friends and she also has a fan club of folks in restaurant management and staff at the restaurants she frequents. I can't think of one negative comment I have ever heard or read about Bonny. She is adored by her husband and her children, she enjoys traveling and is a good cook, herself. I read her comments on this Forum and on Facebook and she is the kind of person who tries hard to always be positive and she is truly a good person.

Where does she sit?

Wherever she wants to.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:19 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Where ever Bonny goes there is a party. She is always surrounded by many friends and she also has a fan club of folks in restaurant management and staff at the restaurants she frequents. I can't think of one negative comment I have ever heard or read about Bonny. She is adored by her husband and her children, she enjoys traveling and is a good cook, herself. I read her comments on this Forum and on Facebook and she is the kind of person who tries hard to always be positive and she is truly a good person.

Where does she sit?

Wherever she wants to.
Aw, you're a sweet heart ! I always say. I'm going to have fun whenever I can, as long as I can.
I just love people & love being happy. I don't do well with negativity, rumors or drama.
What's that famous saying, "Don't Worry, Be Happy"
Old 08-15-2016, 10:37 AM

I was so disappointed to see that Messa Luna is not on the Buffalo Card this time around. We really like this place, good food and always good service. Please reconsider participating on the card next year!
Old 08-15-2016, 10:48 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erijo View Post
I was so disappointed to see that Messa Luna is not on the Buffalo Card this time around. We really like this place, good food and always good service. Please reconsider participating on the card next year!
You would have to talk to Mezza Luna.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Where does she sit?

Wherever she wants to.
It is quite obvious you do not get the point of my post. To me sitting at a bar any bar for a night out with friends would be like watching a Tennis Match from the middle of the stands..with heads going left to right and right to left.

I would think many would get some pretty decent neck exercise by the end of the night or for the unlucky ones it could be a visit to the local Chiropractor.

Plus the most common question(s) of a night out at the bar ...by choice..... Read below

What did you say ?..Sorry what did you say ? Huh ? Say again. Can you repeat that please..Wait a second say that again I didn't catch the last part..and on and on.

I'll take a round table...or a booth..

I am no longer curious just baffled why some who choose to subject themselves to this......" Night Out @The Bar "

The End
Old 08-15-2016, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
It is quite obvious you do not get the point of my post. To me sitting at a bar any bar for a night out with friends would be like watching a Tennis Match from the middle of the stands..with heads going left to right and right to left.

I would think many would get some pretty decent neck exercise by the end of the night or for the unlucky ones it could be a visit to the local Chiropractor.

Plus the most common question(s) of a night out at the bar ...by choice..... Read below

What did you say ?..Sorry what did you say ? Huh ? Say again. Can you repeat that please..Wait a second say that again I didn't catch the last part..and on and on.

I am no longer curious just baffled why some who choose to subject themselves to this......" Night Out @The Bar "

The End
Personally I don't drink. I never could get the hang of it. The End.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:59 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:

The End
That's what I love about life. We all have choices. You do what you like to do and I'll do what I like to do. Everybody's happy!
Old 08-15-2016, 08:05 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Aw, you're a sweet heart ! I always say. I'm going to have fun whenever I can, as long as I can.
I just love people & love being happy. I don't do well with negativity, rumors or drama.
What's that famous saying, "Don't Worry, Be Happy"
Wish there were more like you.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:09 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Wish there were more like you.
Thank you so much. That's very nice of you to say that.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:46 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Good philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
That's what I love about life. We all have choices. You do what you like to do and I'll do what I like to do. Everybody's happy!
I like that philosophy. Life is too short not to be happy!

We have been to Mezza Luna several times. Never disappointed.

Last edited by justjim; 08-15-2016 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Type error
Closed Thread

Tags
good, luna, mezza, bar, nice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.