Never again to Evans Prairie for us!

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2015, 02:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
This SOP doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If you presented me with the full (non-discounted) check I'd ask you to correct it before I would hand over "whatever form of payment I would want to pay with."
I think it makes perfect sense for the manager to want to verify the different discounts at payment. There is probably some expediency reason it is done that way.

It is always good to hear both sides of the story, and if it were my situation, I would certainly give a second chance if only for the mature way in which the explanation was offered here.

Bravo.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:34 AM
Eternal Member

Also remember that the Buffalo Card has an expiration date. That is probably why the manager wants to see it. Some people told the server one time they had the Card but forgot it at home and were mad because they couldn't get the discount. Just cuz you say you have one, doesn't mean you do.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Also remember that the Buffalo Card has an expiration date. That is probably why the manager wants to see it. Some people told the server one time they had the Card but forgot it at home and were mad because they couldn't get the discount. Just cuz you say you have one, doesn't mean you do.
Yes it has an expiration date. But wouldn't it make sense for the manager to see the card before the bill is prepared? Why would you give the waiter payment for the incorrect (non-discounted) amount and then have them go find the manager and work out the discount?

Oh, by-the-way. Folks on this thread aren't following TOTV SOP. The waiter is posting for the first time. Doesn't this automatically makes him a fake, a stooge for the company, a disgruntled employee...

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 06-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Yes it has an expiration date. But wouldn't it make sense for the manager to see the card before the bill is prepared? Why would you give the waiter payment for the incorrect (non-discounted) amount and then have them go find the manager and work out the discount?

Oh, by-the-way. Folks on this thread aren't following TOTV SOP. The waiter is posting for the first time. Doesn't this automatically makes him a fake, a stooge for the company, a disgruntled employee...
I would doubt he's a disgruntled employee if he is on here apologizing.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
This SOP doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If you presented me with the full (non-discounted) check I'd ask you to correct it before I would hand over "whatever form of payment I would want to pay with."
I agree - I would not offer any form of payment without a corrected bil.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

And here we go, right down the toilet.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:21 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Think the discourse between John, the server, and Wendy was handled beautifully" thank you both for showing class, maturity and style.

As to the policy that two bills are brought out, one of which has the amount sans discount and one showing the final version, I think this is ridiculous. I know our tips should be based on the true cost of the meal and I'm guessing this is the reason for the two-step policy but it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. As to requiring the server to take the card or coupon to the manager, that's just ridiculous IMO. If a coupon, let the server attach it to the portion put in the register. If some sort of a discount card, let the server check for expiration, etc., and ring it up accordingly. If EP wants to show full purchase amount, I'm sure the computer can find a way to show full amount and discounted amount on one ticket.

And some of the comments on this thread deserve to be ignored. They're downright mean-spirited.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCliff View Post
All I can say is that I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience with me. I've read and re-read your post and only vaguely recall a very little bit of serving you. The only reason I remember is because of what I call a green card that you call a buffalo card, and that when I presented you the check there was an obvious misunderstanding. Our SOP is to present the check as is, collect whatever form of payment you want to pay with, and then take it all to find a manager to get the discount to you, thus saving an extra step, which I failed miserably in trying to communicate to you. I can't get you the discount without a manager physically seeing the green card, that's how they work it. And I absolutely guarantee you that whatever conversation I was having with the manager at the time had nothing to do with you. I don't know what else to say. I'm pretty sure most guests are fairly happy with the service I give, but I'm far from perfect. I try. But I don't always get it right. Its so hard sometimes to read people, some folks come in sit down and say they are ready to order. As best as I can recall you had closed menu's and I got to you as quickly as I could, Think we discussed the Steak special with the $2 glasses of wine. I certainly do wish you would have brought this to somebody's/anybody's attention prior to your leaving. Evans Prairie does not frown upon green cards in any way whatsoever, and I, due to limited budget and funds, use coupons on the few occasions that I go out to eat. I'd love for you to give Evans Prairie, and me, a second chance. I'm guessing that is your dog in the pic with your post? Nice

This appears to be settled nicely. I will ask for this young man next time I go there.

Good for you, sir.

AND WALT.... this first post rings genuine, that is the reason it isn't suspect to the skeptical folks like me.

Wendyquat I know to be sincere good person too. All's well that ends well.

Tags
card, table, discount, check, manager, buffalo, experience, john, times, ordered, water, eat, brought, hed, back, end, night, asked, restaurant, evans, prairie, place, checks, muttered, pay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.