Which restaurant?

Skip

The Mexican restaurant in Colony Plaza.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
What is the name of this Mexican restaurant and is it where Azteca used to be?
This is from the referenced Facebook page. A little confusing as to the name:

Now Open. Los Tres Magueyes Mexican Restaurant, 344 Shopping Center Dr., Wildwood, FL. 10.9 mile drive from The Villages. 461-0577. (Mexican) L/D. Opened early October, 2015. It's in the Wildwood Shopping Center where Rita's Oyster Bar and Grill did business, a while back. "The Three Agaves" is it's name. Offering traditional Mexican fare. Combo dinners start at $15. Wine and beer licensed. Happy Hour 2-7 PM. Juan Jaime-Rodriguez and Gloria Rayas-Cervantes, owners.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Sage

Do they serve New Mexican food in the New Mexican Restaurant? Do they make Albaturkey?
Old 10-11-2015, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
This is from the referenced Facebook page. A little confusing as to the name:

Now Open. Los Tres Magueyes Mexican Restaurant, 344 Shopping Center Dr., Wildwood, FL. 10.9 mile drive from The Villages. 461-0577. (Mexican) L/D. Opened early October, 2015. It's in the Wildwood Shopping Center where Rita's Oyster Bar and Grill did business, a while back. "The Three Agaves" is it's name. Offering traditional Mexican fare. Combo dinners start at $15. Wine and beer licensed. Happy Hour 2-7 PM. Juan Jaime-Rodriguez and Gloria Rayas-Cervantes, owners.
A LITTLE confusing??? That's like calling the Queen Mary a rowboat
Old 10-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
A LITTLE confusing??? That's like calling the Queen Mary a rowboat
What's so confusing? The name is Los Tres Magueyes Mexican Restaurant and I saw an ad recently in the Happy Paper.

Skip
Old 10-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Sage

The confusion is HUGE. Don't get me wrong. I love the Mexican Restaurants.

Last edited by tomwed; 10-11-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
What's so confusing? The name is Los Tres Magueyes Mexican Restaurant and I saw an ad recently in the Happy Paper.

Skip
I get it---"The Three Agaves" is the translation of Los Tres Magueyes
Sorry, no habla espaniol
Old 10-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Do they serve New Mexican food in the New Mexican Restaurant? Do they make Albaturkey?
Green or red? I love it when I am eating at a NM restaurant, the wait person asks that question and someone at the table from out of state gets a blank look on his or her face.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-13-2015, 04:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Skip
What's confusing is that this post was supposed to be about the new Mexican Restaurant in Wildwood that opened last week and we're getting reviews and opinions about long established restaurants in Spanish Springs and Colony.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Veteran member
Default Los Magueyes Restaurant in Wildwood

We had dinner there tonight and found it to be very good. They have a Grand Opening Special of two combination dinners for $15. Also imported beers, such as my favorite Negra Modelo, for only $1.75 on happy hour. I had a Cheese Chili Relleno, Cheese Enchilada and taco. My BF had Beef Enchilada and Beef Chili Relleno. The rice was excellent. He had beans and rice and liked them both. It is fresh and clean looking inside, the staff is wonderful. They also have a restaurant in Mt. Dora. It is in the Sav-a-Lot shopping plaza. We will be back, and soon.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Callaway Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I don't wish to rain on a Mexican parade, but we have had 3 bad experiences at this restaurant. I will give them credit though, their past few health department scores have been very low (unsatisfactory), and it is now a 94. Despite that recent score increase it is 3 strikes and they are out from my perspective.
If you're still referring to the Colony Plaza Mexican restaurant, we had eaten there a couple of times and it was ok; we ate there last week and it will be the last. Had chicken enchiladas and took one bite - no flavor, something didn't taste right; unrolled them - ALL DARK MEAT. I don't mind dark meat in fried chicken, just never had it in enchiladas. Got a Mgr., said sorry they had ran out of white meat; refund? No way. Adios, amigo.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
We had dinner there tonight and found it to be very good. They have a Grand Opening Special of two combination dinners for $15. Also imported beers, such as my favorite Negra Modelo, for only $1.75 on happy hour. I had a Cheese Chili Relleno, Cheese Enchilada and taco. My BF had Beef Enchilada and Beef Chili Relleno. The rice was excellent. He had beans and rice and liked them both. It is fresh and clean looking inside, the staff is wonderful. They also have a restaurant in Mt. Dora. It is in the Sav-a-Lot shopping plaza. We will be back, and soon.
that's a great review
i think i will try it out---i hope i can talk my friends into it
Old 10-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway Guy View Post
If you're still referring to the Colony Plaza Mexican restaurant, we had eaten there a couple of times and it was ok; we ate there last week and it will be the last. Had chicken enchiladas and took one bite - no flavor, something didn't taste right; unrolled them - ALL DARK MEAT. I don't mind dark meat in fried chicken, just never had it in enchiladas. Got a Mgr., said sorry they had ran out of white meat; refund? No way. Adios, amigo.

We agree!
Old 10-14-2015, 09:09 AM
Platinum member

Don't you love it when a poster comments about a place and doesn't give it's name?

Skip
Old 10-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Don't you love it when a poster comments about a place and doesn't give it's name?

Skip

If you are referring to my post, I noted previously that it was the Mexican restaurant in Colony Plaza. [emoji28]

Tags
restaurant, mexican, coming, wildwood, skip, good, announcing, hope, page, villages, gourmet, facebook, club

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.