new Napoli III restaurant 301 Oxford

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Default new Napoli III restaurant 301 Oxford

My advise...don't bother. We went Fri. evening. It had only been opened 3 days and thats not a good way to start with a restaurant, however, we had reservations at 7:30. They put us in a room very small that had four large tables and full of people. Every space was filled. The wait staff was running around like wild people trying to accommodate everyone. It was so loud in our room, we did ask to move which they did. However, we ordered almost immediately but we never did see our salads at 8:30. The waitress told us that they put in extra tables ...not a good thing. We left and the salad hadn't come yet. The bread is good. The prices were very high and the portions did not look that good. The waitress told our friends when they left soon after us that we were not the first to leave. Not a good way to start a business...there are too many restaurants in The Villages and we do not need to go there. If you do, wait a long time...hopefully it will get better but once I have a bad taste about something I will not go back.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Veteran member

We went on opening night as a party of 4 and the place was packed. Food is excellent, portions are generous, prices not for those used to paying Olive Garden or Carrabba's rates. Service was pretty awful, but I would expect it to get better as time goes on. It's just opened! Love Chefs of Napoli 2 and will definitely go back to Chefs of Napoli 3 once they get the service kinks straightened out. This is the best Southern Italian-style food anywhere in TV, IMHO. Coming from NYC (and being of Italian heritage) this food is close to home in flavor. No complaints about the food or the price. You get what you pay for! Just hope the service improves...it couldn't get much worse.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoffh View Post
We went on opening night as a party of 4 and the place was packed. Food is excellent, portions are generous, prices not for those used to paying Olive Garden or Carrabba's rates. Service was pretty awful, but I would expect it to get better as time goes on. It's just opened! Love Chefs of Napoli 2 and will definitely go back to Chefs of Napoli 3 once they get the service kinks straightened out. This is the best Southern Italian-style food anywhere in TV, IMHO. Coming from NYC (and being of Italian heritage) this food is close to home in flavor. No complaints about the food or the price. You get what you pay for! Just hope the service improves...it couldn't get much worse.
There's another thread that was already started on this new restaurant. However while I just last Fri went to the one in Inverness. I was very impressed very good Italian food huge portions. Desserts to die for. I had a huge 16" Margherita Pizza that was awesome took a bunch home all for $13.25 can't beat that for fresh mozzarella and fresh basil!
As I stated on another thread these people probably had no idea how The Villages is when i comes to a "new" place to go eat at. Everyone wants to be one of the first to eat there and try it out. I am sure they did not realize how crowded it could and would get. Give them a break and time to work it out before slamming a soft opening. I can't wait to try the one now close to home
Old 10-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Platinum member

gmracket,
Too bad you decided to leave after you ordered food. I hope you (at least) told them you were leaving.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmracket View Post
My advise...don't bother. We went Fri. evening. It had only been opened 3 days and thats not a good way to start with a restaurant, however, we had reservations at 7:30. They put us in a room very small that had four large tables and full of people. Every space was filled. The wait staff was running around like wild people trying to accommodate everyone. It was so loud in our room, we did ask to move which they did. However, we ordered almost immediately but we never did see our salads at 8:30. The waitress told us that they put in extra tables ...not a good thing. We left and the salad hadn't come yet. The bread is good. The prices were very high and the portions did not look that good. The waitress told our friends when they left soon after us that we were not the first to leave. Not a good way to start a business...there are too many restaurants in The Villages and we do not need to go there. If you do, wait a long time...hopefully it will get better but once I have a bad taste about something I will not go back.
These problems should be expected if you want to go to a place that has only been open 3 days!!
Old 10-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

More than one Villages restaurateur has told me The Villages is the WORST place to open a new eatery.

A new place is inundated with diners who are afraid to go out in public to eat in groups smaller than 12 and demand supper before 4:00 p.m. They do not trickle in the door. It is more like the day after Thanksgiving early bird sales when the slow or polite ones get trampled.

Many seniors demand to order their drinks and meals at the same time which kind of interrupts the normal flow of things. Ordering is complicated by the diners who think hearing aids are evil.

In other words, people, chill. Napoli III are experienced restaurant owners, but no amount of experience could prepare them for the ONSLAUGHT!
Old 10-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Veteran member

I grew up in the restaurant biz, my parents owned one for close to 20 years. Then I worked most of the way through college waiting tables and here is one infallible truth.

NEVER, ever, never go to a new restaurant within the first couple of months of them opening.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
More than one Villages restaurateur has told me The Villages is the WORST place to open a new eatery.

A new place is inundated with diners who are afraid to go out in public to eat in groups smaller than 12 and demand supper before 4:00 p.m. They do not trickle in the door. It is more like the day after Thanksgiving early bird sales when the slow or polite ones get trampled.

Many seniors demand to order their drinks and meals at the same time which kind of interrupts the normal flow of things. Ordering is complicated by the diners who think hearing aids are evil.

In other words, people, chill. Napoli III are experienced restaurant owners, but no amount of experience could prepare them for the ONSLAUGHT!
So true!!
Old 10-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:

Well said!

Old 10-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
NEVER, ever, never go to a new restaurant within the first couple of months of them opening.
Or for some restaurants like the old Havana's CC, ...first couple of years...

Skip
Old 10-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Napoli III are experienced restaurant owners, but no amount of experience could prepare them for the ONSLAUGHT!
Wait - they put the big ads in the paper. That's why there's an ONSLAUGHT.

Skip
Old 10-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Gold member

Okay, my 2 cents worth -

Went opening night (did not know it).
Jammed but was seated on time (lucky I guess)
Some errors - ordered penne with my veal got angel hair, friend ordered veal francese got chicken. My pasta error - not a big deal. Other mix-up was fixed, the charge taken off the bill and desert brought at no charge.

Veal was (IMO) MUCH better than the other two "new" Italian rest. This place actually uses spices and has flavor.

Disappointment - Pasta Fagioli was very bland.

Will go back. Especially want to try their pizza!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:52 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

I had lunch there yesterday. The eggplant parm was fantastic. My friend had chicken francais and it was also excellent. The place is beautifully decorated and despite the experience of the original poster, the service was top notch.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Location: Living in the Villages after 26 years on the Upper Westside of Manhattan!

Went to the opening night dinner and then again for Sunday lunch. They are terrific! A truly authentic Italian Restaurant in the Villages! I'd rather pay a little bit more for quality any time! The portions were very large and I enjoyed the leftovers along with a loaf of their warm from the oven bread the next day too!
formerly of Manhattan and weekends on the Jersey Shore--now living the dream in Caroline!
Old 11-03-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
These problems should be expected if you want to go to a place that has only been open 3 days!!
SERIOUSLY?? you gave them 3 days to be Perfect??? wow...shame on you. I am from NYC and have eaten in some of the best italian restaurants.... this is par to some of them... Nice portions, fresh salad and Fantastic bread... sauce was as good as my old Italian aunt... YUMMY!! Chef Napoli. You are THE best italian restaurant in the Villages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Order a piece of the Lemoncello cake!!! Fantastic!!!!

Last edited by bettymg1866; 11-03-2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: forgot about the cake
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.