Outback steakhouse, the villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Veteran member
Unhappy Outback steakhouse, the villages

What is going on with the OutbackSteak House. We always thought it was great. Last night we went to the bar to eat. Almost all the bar stools were ripped and worn out. The bartender, who was terrific when she was allow to tend bar was doing three or four jobs. She was cleaning dishes in the kitchen, serving food, making drinks, and whatever else. She spent very little time behind the bar. Not her fault. The burger was just fair, not as good as usual. My steak was fine. The place needs a makeover. Disappointed
Old 10-10-2016, 01:34 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
What is going on with the OutbackSteak House. We always thought it was great. Last night we went to the bar to eat. Almost all the bar stools were ripped and worn out. The bartender, who was terrific when she was allow to tend bar was doing three or four jobs. She was cleaning dishes in the kitchen, serving food, making drinks, and whatever else. She spent very little time behind the bar. Not her fault. The burger was just fair, not as good as usual. My steak was fine. The place needs a makeover. Disappointed
Just think if that is what you saw imagine what's lurking in the shadows?
Old 10-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Just think if that is what you saw imagine what's lurking in the shadows?
I think all of the Outbacks are old and need makeovers. Used to be much nicer.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Gold member

Talk to the Proprietor and impress upon him the issues and the impact how "negative word of mouth" can ruin a poorly operated business in The Villages.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Default Outback

Outback was our favorite place to eat but they have changed over the years. Will be not support any Outback's.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Sage

Thanks for the update. I was getting ready to spend my Christmas gift card from last year. Carrabba's and Bonefish are on the same card. Now I have to make a decision.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Platinum member

Sounds like a manager has cut back expenses and is overworking a good employee. I would contact the corporate office if not satisfied with the local manager response.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Veteran member

Not sure about Outback, but we find that Thai, Longhorn, Ruby Tuesday's and Sonny's are great, really good service and good selections.

It is not our place to straighten out a business, if they cannot see their problems brewing, then this is the American way, do a good job and you will be successful.
bbbbbb
Old 10-11-2016, 04:50 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Not sure about Outback, but we find that Thai, Longhorn, Ruby Tuesday's and Sonny's are great, really good service and good selections.

It is not our place to straighten out a business, if they cannot see their problems brewing, then this is the American way, do a good job and you will be successful.
bbbbbb
bbbbbb: You are exactly right and it is incumbent on a restaurant's management team to ensure their business is meeting customers expectations. Its an often repeated phrase on this forum "did you tell management/manager" "how are they suppose to know"

I worked with an office manager , a retired navy man. He would place a $.50 piece behind doors . If the $.50 piece went missing then he knew his workers were cleaning behind the doors and most likely were not short cutting their duties . a creative and alert manager can create many such unobtrusive checks on workers to see if they are carrying out their duties
Old 10-11-2016, 04:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

That's too bad about our local Outback, as Consumer Reports have rated them pretty high for chain restaurants...especially on cleanliness (which is a biggie for me).
Old 10-11-2016, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We went the last 2 out of 3 Saturdays to take advance of the $14.99 Steak and Crab Legs advertised on TV. We sat in the bar/lounge area so I could watch some of the college football. We arrived around 11:30 both times and I did notice one Saturday there was no bartender and a man did sit at the bar. The hostess who had been waiting on our table took care of the man. The other Saturday there was a bartender and about 8 people were sitting at the bar. They were very busy both Saturdays with patrons. The food was excellent, for the price the steak was the most tender I've ever had. I had no problem with our service. Just a guess, but it's probably the case of a employee leaving and they haven't been able to replace them yet.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
bbbbbb: You are exactly right and it is incumbent on a restaurant's management team to ensure their business is meeting customers expectations. Its an often repeated phrase on this forum "did you tell management/manager" "how are they suppose to know"

I worked with an office manager , a retired navy man. He would place a $.50 piece behind doors . If the $.50 piece went missing then he knew his workers were cleaning behind the doors and most likely were not short cutting their duties . a creative and alert manager can create many such unobtrusive checks on workers to see if they are carrying out their duties
OK, got it. Then the Manager should sample the ****ty steaks he's serving to figure out why the joint is going very downhill.
Closed Thread

Tags
bar, drinks, making, place, spent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.