Perkins on 466 closed today

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2016, 04:59 PM
Platinum member
Default My preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Most places don't charge over $5.00 for 2 eggs, toast and hash browns. It's usually a special in most places that offer breakfast or in diners, and most people add to that with bacon, ham, grits, sausage, coffee, etc.

You probably aren't doing "your" breakfast for "less than a buck" either when you add the food, electric, gas, soap, water, etc. You really outta get out more and see how the other half lives. You might even enjoy yourself!
I like to know my food is handled and cooked properly. Has little to do with getting out more.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
Went for regular Sunday Breakfast after Mass this morning and found out they were closing at 2PM.

Bummer, now have to go all the way up to 441 for Breakfast and 2 for 1 Wednesday dinners. Said it was Villages property and the rent was raised too much.
Deplorable. Another example of TV Property Management displaying arrogant disregard for residents through their own greed. Perkins was a regular breakfast haunt for us and will be missed, a fact that the Villages. Greedy management doesn't seem to give a rats ass about. All you people who think their **** doesn't stink should use this and the previous closing of Athens as evidence that the Morse family cares about nothing but their bottom line. Screw them!
Old 10-24-2016, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
Deplorable. Another example of TV Property Management displaying arrogant disregard for residents through their own greed. Perkins was a regular breakfast haunt for us and will be missed, a fact that the Villages. Greedy management doesn't seem to give a rats ass about. All you people who think their **** doesn't stink should use this and the previous closing of Athens as evidence that the Mosre family cares about nothing but their bottom line. Screw them!
Did you see the link posted that showed that Perkins is in bankruptcy? Please don't blame the developer. Gary Morse was a regular guy like most of us with a very good idea, a very good work ethic and has given us more than anyone could expect. I think a lot of people have a little envy at the Morse family's success, but by golly they are STILL working, maybe to keep all of their employees in work? They have enough money for every dream money could buy for a dozen lifetimes. It is possible for financially successful people to be good and ethical.

I think you are just jealous of them.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:51 PM
Gold member

Perkins closed over 50 restaurants. It had ZERO to to with the rent charged by whomever owns the property.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Deplorable. Another example of TV Property Management displaying arrogant disregard for residents through their own greed. Perkins was a regular breakfast haunt for us and will be missed, a fact that the Villages. Greedy management doesn't seem to give a rats ass about. All you people who think their **** doesn't stink should use this and the previous closing of Athens as evidence that the Morse family cares about nothing but their bottom line. Screw them!
I am always interested about people who loathe the Morse family. Do you live in the villages! If so, why? I can't imagine living somewhere that made ne so miserable.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Perkins closed over 50 restaurants. It had ZERO to to with the rent charged by whomever owns the property.
Oh why let the facts get into the way of innuendo and complaining about where one resides? Nothing like some sour grapes to add to the "Friendliest Home Town"....
Old 10-24-2016, 08:16 PM
Veteran member

I love Perkins on 441. It is one of my regular stops. Food, service and management attitudes quite acceptable.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
someone on Facebook post indicated that the Villages was not the owner of the property but whoever is the owner raised the rent and would not budge on compromise. they thought the owner's already had another business to take over the space that was used by Perkins.. Who knows if that is true - just putting out the "info" I read on Facebook..
If you check the Sumter Property appraiser, you'll see that that property and all the adjoining ones are owned by The Villages conglomerate.....
Old 10-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Platinum member

In order to keep the facts straight, Perkins filled for bankruptcy in 2011, and was discharged from bankruptcy about six months later under new ownership.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:31 AM
Sage

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
I guess it has nothing to do with greed?

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-25-2016 at 12:47 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

I guess it has nothing to do with greed?
When it comes to TV Property Management Group is has everything to do with Greed and Unscrupulous business practices. When they want someone out they raise the rent to levels that only insanity would accept. You also might want to check with businesses who located outside of TV because it was impossible for them to reach rental agreements with the greedy ones who want not only high rent but a percentage of profits. Ask the former owner of Athens or the many Drs. whose rent was raised because they were not members of TV Health Care rip off.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
When it comes to TV Property Management Group is has everything to do with Greed and Unscrupulous business practices. When they want someone out they raise the rent to levels that only insanity would accept. You also might want to check with businesses who located outside of TV because it was impossible for them to reach rental agreements with the greedy ones who want not only high rent but a percentage of profits. Ask the former owner of Athens or the many Drs. whose rent was raised because they were not members of TV Health Care rip off.
Gossip. Rumors. Innuendo. Perkins did file for Bankruptcy and they are currently closing stores. They probably waited until their lease was up to close here. The Villages OR any commercial owner of real estate would have no reason to try to get rid of paying clients. That is how they make money. AND if your theory were correct then all of the clients would be moving when their lease was done. The Villages Healthcare from The BEGINNING could only take people whose insurance fit their plan. MOST of us did NOT, even with excellent insurance we were not accepted. There are a couple of well loved doctors here who aren't very good paying their bills, including child support. In fact one ended up in jail due to failure to pay child support. Google mugshots and your doctors name if he told you he moved because they raised the rent.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-25-2016 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:58 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Last time I went to that Perkins, I only got one pickle on my cheeseburger.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Last time I went to that Perkins, I only got one pickle on my cheeseburger.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:51 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Lots of speculation from sudden "happenings" here in The Villages. Does it really matter as to the "why"? Most of us who enjoy breakfast (especially after an early morning meeting or sporting event) hate to see a nice breakfast type restaurant close. This will make our wait longer at another morning restaurant.

This Perkins was very crowded every time I paid a visit for breakfast. I don't know about other times of day? Their pies were excellent for take out too. I understand breakfast can be very profitable---just ask the McDonald's across the country. This property won't stay vacant long. Fore!

Tags
breakfast, rent, raised, much.boxing2boxing2, property

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.