Poor service Las Tapas 4-11-2015

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Eternal Member

We also like Las Tapas and hope they do well.
We drove by there last night about 9:45. Nice crowd inside and several people dining outside. Looked like everyone was having a good time talking & laughing.
A manager may not have been there, but owners, yes.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Sage

Antonio is not just a cook, he's a real chef, we have a special requests when we go ie; in how our food is prepared ingredients etc, no problem, he himself usually comes out to see that we liked it.

I understand but haven't confirmed it, he was a white house chef during the Regan admin.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Antonio is not just a cook, he's a real chef, we have a special requests when we go ie; in how our food is prepared ingredients etc, no problem, he himself usually comes out to see that we liked it.

I understand but haven't confirmed it, he was a white house chef during the Regan admin.

Yes he was.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Veteran member

From what I understand from a former server, the reason why they left was management/the owners were messing with their paychecks - they weren't getting paid for their full hours and were dragging their feet over many weeks on making it right. It sounds like the servers finally got fed up with the promises and decided to move on. You just don't mess with people's paychecks! I too, hope they get it together and start treating their staff fairly. I really like(d) the place.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
We went there Friday night. Food and service were great. I can't imagine a horde of 18 people descending upon a restaurant. To me, that guarantees bad service, but Villagers seem to like to do that to the restaurants and themselves.
And come on here and bitch about poor service!
Old 04-12-2015, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Why even post this? Second hand from a server...............
Old 04-12-2015, 03:47 PM

Don't get me wrong we are at Las Tapas in a group of 9 the week previous and it was great, my complaint is that when we asked for a large table we were told no problem, we offered to split up into 3-5 people groups to make it easy as I know it sometimes isn't possible to seat large groups, but we're told a large group was fine , but I find with any business is that you will always upset a customer if you over promise and under deliver, plus seeing as they are in the business of selling food and the place was nearly empty there is something very wrong , if the owner (who I agree is a great chef) is in the kitchen when it's all falling apart front of house he needs to sort it out fast whilst he has a business.
I really hope it does get sorted as its a great addition to the villages.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukgolfer View Post
Don't get me wrong we are at Las Tapas in a group of 9 the week previous and it was great, my complaint is that when we asked for a large table we were told no problem, we offered to split up into 3-5 people groups to make it easy as I know it sometimes isn't possible to seat large groups, but we're told a large group was fine , but I find with any business is that you will always upset a customer if you over promise and under deliver, plus seeing as they are in the business of selling food and the place was nearly empty there is something very wrong , if the owner (who I agree is a great chef) is in the kitchen when it's all falling apart front of house he needs to sort it out fast whilst he has a business.
I really hope it does get sorted as its a great addition to the villages.
If you want them to regroup and succeed, it's certainly not helpful to open up the doors to the hearsay and rumor that has been posted on this thread. Some of it borders on libel.

I'd suggest you ask to have this thread deleted if you want to help them in succeeding.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Sage
Lightbulb

Somebody call Gordon Ramsey

The Villages Florida

or Rob Irvine

The Villages Florida
Old 04-12-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
If you want them to regroup and succeed, it's certainly not helpful to open up the doors to the hearsay and rumor that has been posted on this thread. Some of it borders on libel.

I'd suggest you ask to have this thread deleted if you want to help them in succeeding.
If you look at my posts there is no hearsay, rumours or any liable , just an account of what exactly happened
Old 04-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukgolfer View Post
If you look at my posts there is no hearsay, rumours or any liable , just an account of what exactly happened
I know, but as I said, it "opened the door to hearsay/rumor" by others (about payroll etc.).

If half their staff walked out without notice, they have enough problems to deal with.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:34 PM

Unfortunately that's forums for you
Old 04-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
We eat at Las Tapas one or two times a week. We were there Friday night had excellent food and good service. I do not find the choices limited. There are many tapas, paella and dessert selections.
I haven't been there for a couple months so things might have changed again. When we went last, there were easily 15 or 20 $5 tapas items. Our bill was always close to $100 for four people, so we had a lot of dishes.

I want the restaurant to succeed. Brownwood is our stomping ground. Being right on the square is ideal. But if I am going for tastes, I'm not going to be happy. Majority is going to win and money or no money speaks.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Las Tapas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I haven't been there for a couple months so things might have changed again. When we went last, there were easily 15 or 20 $5 tapas items. Our bill was always close to $100 for four people, so we had a lot of dishes.

I want the restaurant to succeed. Brownwood is our stomping ground. Being right on the square is ideal. But if I am going for tastes, I'm not going to be happy. Majority is going to win and money or no money speaks.
We have never eaten off the $5 menu and order off the regular menu. Last night 4 of us had 3 tapas and 2 desserts. It was plenty of food and the food bill split was under $30
Old 04-12-2015, 06:19 PM

September 2014 Vmail - Building of Brownwood Las Tapas

They have a beautiful YouTube video ...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.