Red Lobster's new owners: I hope they succeed

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaf View Post
Nothing is fresh there maybe a salad.My friend worked there.All they do is nuke your servings and serve. Disgusting way to run a restaurant.
I assume that this is the normal process in most chains. Since I only have shrimp and fries and the salad, I am okay with it.

The one or two times I tried the fish, I thought I was eating sushi it was so undercooked. But I ate it anyway with lots of tartar sauce.

z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottaVillager View Post
Trying to be serious for a second..I have seen multiple business reports and commentary about how Darden's two largest restaurants (Lobster & Garden) are failing miserably. The funny thing is, while we do eat at these places occasionally, I have never been past either of these restaurants no matter where I might be where the parking lot is not full and often people are waiting out the door. Not merely here in TV but anywhere I have ever been.

Now obviously I am talking about the prime lunch & dinner hours not off times.

However when we lived in Baltimore it seemed that no matter when you went to our local Olive Garden you were going to wait.

So my question is..where are all these supposedly failing stores? I've yet to see one.
Our "winter home" is in New Jersey and we have exactly the experiences you have just described. There are a number of Olive Gardens (which we both like) and Red Lobsters (split opinion on these) reasonably close to us. At any typical meal time, all of them are very busy. Maybe it is just because NJ is so densely populated and so many people eat out so often.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:27 AM

Farm raised fish comes from the orient ! Do you have a clue what they feed with !
Old 08-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
My mother repeatedly told me if you can't say something nice about a person place or thing don't say anything at all

So I like the name Red. and I like Red's parking lot, a lot

Actually I believe the food is as good at Red as it is at Bonefish Grille.
I don't like the name Bonefish but I do like Grille. i mean who wants to find a bone in their fish. Ugh
I'm not a big fan of Bonefish either. Nothing to do with the name.

Red Lobster being sold by Darden surprised me. The Red Lobster's seem to always have a crowd and the ones we have gone to have been cheaper and just as good quality as Bonefish.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Mudder: I love the new positive VPL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I'm like Mudder. I like the positive you. Hugs, buddy!
Thanks!! I'm feeling very positive about this thread. I'd like to present the following awards to the 2 best posters on this thread:

Mudder:

graciegirl:

Old 08-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I don't like the name Bonefish but I do like Grille. i mean who wants to find a bone in their fish. Ugh
The bonefish is a sport fish found in the Bahamas. Back in the year 2000 when Tim Curci and Chris Parker (both worked at Hops Restaurants), opened their seafood restaurant in St. Petersburg (before OSI - now Bloomin' Brands, bought the small chain) they called it Bonefish Grill after their favorite sport fish. Their boney logo is unique and unmistakable too. In the merger, the agreement was that they would retain control of the food (it never served bonefish) and the restaurant name. There are now about 150 locations and Tim fishes almost every day and still lives in Tampa. Chris unfortunately passed away a few years back. Bonefish is one of the most successful brands in the US (JMHO).

Skip
Old 08-05-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
Our "winter home" is in New Jersey and we have exactly the experiences you have just described. There are a number of Olive Gardens (which we both like) and Red Lobsters (split opinion on these) reasonably close to us. At any typical meal time, all of them are very busy. Maybe it is just because NJ is so densely populated and so many people eat out so often.
Not sure. I'm not a seafood eater but my wife is, and so is our youngest son who likes to go to RL for his B-Day. But it seems no matter where we've travelled if we drive by either of these stores at a regular meal time they are busy. So the constant cry that they are not making it doesn't seem to make any sense.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:52 PM

LIKE THE POSITIVE ALl YOU WANT THAT'S FINE

BUT WAKE UP

AMERICA IS FAILING ECONOMICALLY
really the economy is better?
thousands live without air conditioning jobs food and health care in the same county as us ..the economy is not getting better

and you are seeing this with DARDEN and several others major company failing (COLDWATER CREEK) but cant see the forest for the trees

a double dip recession is a depression with a fancy name..you still went from point {A} to point [B]
you can put lipstick on a pig and it still a pig
Old 08-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
The bonefish is a sport fish found in the Bahamas. Back in the year 2000 when Tim Curci and Chris Parker (both worked at Hops Restaurants), opened their seafood restaurant in St. Petersburg (before OSI - now Bloomin' Brands, bought the small chain) they called it Bonefish Grill after their favorite sport fish. Their boney logo is unique and unmistakable too. In the merger, the agreement was that they would retain control of the food (it never served bonefish) and the restaurant name. There are now about 150 locations and Tim fishes almost every day and still lives in Tampa. Chris unfortunately passed away a few years back. Bonefish is one of the most successful brands in the US (JMHO).

Skip
And serves excellent food. Yum. Worth all the pennies.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:21 PM

Such DRAMA...... I went to red lobster last nite for dinner and it was as good as it always is and the prices are the same..... I hope it continues to be successful
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.