Restaurant Health Department reviews

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Default Restaurant Health Department reviews

Does anyone know a URL to find out the Health Department
inspection scores of all our local restaurants?
I am very interested. I do not want to eat in a dirty place.

Marshabk
Old 11-07-2014, 08:40 AM

Go to the State of Florida Dept of Agriculture. There is a link for food inspections. We recently got food poisoning after eating at Bonifay and saw the inspections confirmed that they had 17 critical violations including failure to maintain proper temperatures.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Unhappy Food Inpsections on RESTAURANTS

Please check out the food inspection reports before you go to a restaurant.
After getting food poisoning at a local restaurant, I contacted the State of Florida Dept of Agriculture and checked on the inspections of (B....y)Restaurant. The most recent inspection showed 17 critical violations including failure to maintain critical food temperatures. This was not the first time. Don't take dining out for granted. We found out the hard way!
Old 11-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Gold member

I understand that some legislators want to pass a rating system on the front of restaurants,A B C D , to show how it passed health inspection. What do you think?
Old 11-07-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
I understand that some legislators want to pass a rating system on the front of restaurants,A B C D , to show how it passed health inspection. What do you think?
They have that system in NYC. You know right away whether a restaurant has just a passing grade, or is an "A". Great idea, if the inspections are properly conducted.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
We have that in North Carolina. They have to post the grade as well as the number it received. When you read the infractions one then has to decide if one wants to chance it. Maintaining food temp. is critical. Thank goodness I love to cook at home ......most of the time.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
It is a good idea and for that reason it will never happen!!
Old 11-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Absolutely for it. This was the standard in most places we've lived.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Excellent idea, that is long overdue. You should be able to see it before you enter the place.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

Quote:
It is done in GA. Great idea, it is posted right at the door or at the register for all to see.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old moe View Post
Excellent idea, that is long overdue. You should be able to see it before you enter the place.
One of the requirements in NC is that your certificate be prominently displayed for all to see! If you walk in and see a B or less, you keep walking in the opposite direction!
Old 12-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeoscawana View Post
Go to the State of Florida Dept of Agriculture. There is a link for food inspections. We recently got food poisoning after eating at Bonifay and saw the inspections confirmed that they had 17 critical violations including failure to maintain proper temperatures.
How do you know this was food poisoning from Bonifay ? Just because someone gets sick after eating, doesn't mean it was food poisoning. It could have been something else you ate or something just didn't agree with you. It could also be a stomach bug.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Email Reported As Spam

lakeoscawana: We had a retirement party a number of years go and half those attending got sick approximately 12 hours later, We did investigate and found those who had the soup got sick. One way to reinforce your conviction would have been to determine what made you sick and if others ordering the same item or having the same waitres/waiter were common to those getting sick
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.