Restaurant Inspections

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabk View Post
Interesting. I thought MY kitchen was clean because I work at keeping it that way.
I'd still like to have a URL to see Health Dept restaurant inspection ratings.
Would also love to know exactly what they rate them on.
I would also like to see health scores posted in the window of every restaurent in a spot where it can be seen and read . If a place can't be keep clean enough to get a high score We don't eat there. Don't want to spend my money in a place that doesn't care enough to keep it CLEAN!!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Just wanted to say that I had the pulled pork at Codys last night. It was delicious !!
Read this thread and it tweaked my interest on Cody's. So I tried the link posted and it did not work for me. So, I searched Florida Public Health and was able to find restaurant inspections. Found all Cody's restaurants and clicked on the one at LSL. The most current inspection was last month. They got a passing grade with only 3 minor errors which I will list below:
Violation Observation
14-67-4 Basic - Reach-in cooler gasket torn/in disrepair. Middle kitchen area reach in cooler.
38-04-4 Basic - Ten (10) foot-candles of light at least 30 inches from floor not provided in walk-in cooler.
27-23-4 Intermediate - Hot water at men's restroom handwash sink does not reach 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Right hand wash sink and ADA accessible hand wash sink. **Corrected On-Site**

We eat at Cody's quite often and will continue to do so.
And I would suggest to some folks to DO YOUR HOMEWORK (yes, I know I'm shouting but some are hard of hearing), before you cast shadows on a business or person.

Bob
Old 10-09-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonitaboy View Post
heard same re: Cody's. if you saw the kitchen..would not eat there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I have no problem eating at Codys. In fact I eat there a lot and I've been in the kitchen.

I just read this and have to agree with another poster about you being in the kitchen. Even if the owner/manager is a friend of yours, you are not doing him a good service by stating you have been in the kitchen. It is a major health care violation for "visitors" to be in the kitchens, or even behind the counters. Heaven forbid if anyone were to get sick on a night that you have been or anyone not an employee or a vendor would have been seen in these situation. Obviously, ths is probably an infrequent situation, and the chances are that no one would report it, but if they do, your friend will not fare well. You are free to believe it or not, but I assure you, it is the truth.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Eternal Member

I didn't respond to the other post and I wasn't going to respond to this because I kind of thought it was silly to post that. My hubby does work for Codys and I had to go back in the kitchen to get him because we had a family situation that needed some attention. I wasn't cooking or handling the food or anything else.
I'm sorry, but people really need to lighten up. So many things seem to turn into such a big deal !!
I hope everyone has a great night.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Veteran member

Between liquoir and food, cody's in sumter must be the highest grossing restaurant in the villages. Restaurant is always full at supper time and bar the same. And this is not the busiest time of year yet. The wed. night 2 for 1 fahatis (I know spelled wrong) are great. Gators dockside in Spanish may be a close 2nd in revenue. Never hear anything bad about their food. Monday night .50 cent wings are great.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
Between liquoir and food, cody's in sumter must be the highest grossing restaurant in the villages. Restaurant is always full at supper time and bar the same. And this is not the busiest time of year yet. The wed. night 2 for 1 fahatis (I know spelled wrong) are great. Gators dockside in Spanish may be a close 2nd in revenue. Never hear anything bad about their food. Monday night .50 cent wings are great.
The Codys in Sumter and Brownwood have been running neck and neck in sales.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Default Sonny's BBQ

Was at Sonny's BBQ Sumter Landing 11/6/14. The waitress must Buss her own Tables. To me this is unsanitary. Will pick another BBQ Place next time.
Food was good
Old 11-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootcamp View Post
Was at Sonny's BBQ Sumter Landing 11/6/14. The waitress must Buss her own Tables. To me this is unsanitary. Will pick another BBQ Place next time.
Food was good
Don't understand this post ! I've been in a lot of restaurants. Most of the time when we are done the server will take our empty plates or glasses to get them out of our way. So if your server takes your empty plate away, you won't go back to that restaurant ? That really is one of the silliest things I have ever heard someone say in my life.
Sorry, just sayin' !!!
Old 11-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Default Sweeping

Maybe someone in the Health Dept. Field can answer my question..

Is it still a violation to "SWEEP" the floor while patrons are eating or having dinner.. (general cleaning ) except for spills etc.?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.