Ricardo's,/Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Why attack a poster???

Didn't like the food............it's the poster's opinion.

If you disagree and like the food, post a positive food review.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Gold member

Ate there once. The food wasn't horrible, nor was it remarkable. My main memory is that our waiter was a fat guy whose shirt was saturated with sweat.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Very good eggplant parmigiana. It's what I always order.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Ate there once. The food wasn't horrible, nor was it remarkable. My main memory is that our waiter was a fat guy whose shirt was saturated with sweat.
Eeeww. That's a memory I would be glad to forget!
Old 05-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Gold member

Quote:
That's an unkind thing to say about the waiter. We've had him several times and he's very nice. Perhaps a quick comment to the manager could be more helpful concerning the saturation of his shirt.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
That's an unkind thing to say about the waiter. We've had him several times and he's very nice. Perhaps a quick comment to the manager could be more helpful concerning the saturation of his shirt.
If you read the thread where I posted about the flies at Sonrise Caf, you would know that I have no interest in being a consultant to restaurant managers. I vote with my feet and just find somewhere else to eat. As for the unkind words, yeah, I'm rough around the edges.

Last edited by TheVillageChicken; 05-08-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
After a very stressful day at the hospital and an invitation by two friends to try Ricciardi's I just didn't take the time to study the spelling of the restaurant for friendly villagers like yourself. Nor did I have time to study the menu on line. Maybe next time when my dad isn't having a heart attack I'll have more time to post a review more to your liking and approval
In a hurry...........go to Wendy's!
Old 05-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
Plenty of people post critiques on TOTV. I see threads that say avoid this or that contractor, or landscaper, or restaurant,. There is a long thread that critiques Winn Dixie. People critique the golf courses, the Sharon, the roundabouts. I wish I had seen this thread before we took our daughter-in-law to Ricciardi's. Maybe we hit it on a bad day, but it was really bad Italian food. We would never go there again. I think posters do the community a service when they let others know their experiences. Obviously restaurant food is very subjective, so you take these critiques with a grain of salt, but don't slam the poster because he or she had a bad experience and is willing to share that with others.
Where have I heard that before?
Old 05-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
If you read the thread where I posted about the flies at Sonrise Caf, you would know that I have no interest in being a consultant to restaurant managers. I vote with my feet and just find somewhere else to eat. As for the unkind words, yeah, I'm rough around the edges.
And still looking for a restaurant that I like!
Old 05-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

The place is always busy, there must be a reason. We have been several times and had carry out. I would not put a Italian restaurant on my eat healthy list. I found when we first came to TV would would go to the country clubs for dinner when we had guests. Now not so much.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
And still looking for a restaurant that I like!
Actually, BS, I ate at Arnold Palmers for the umpteenth time at lunch today. Also like Nancy Lopez, Mallory Hill, Lighthouse, RJ Gators, Red Sauce, Bonefish, Confessore Pasta, Alfies, Braised Onion and Harrys in Ocala, Catfish Johnny's, Fishermans, and the little burger joint up 441, Sunset Delights. Drive to Tampa for a good Polish meal, Mt Dora for English, but I am still looking for a terrific gumbo like we had back in Rooster Poot.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
After a very stressful day at the hospital and an invitation by two friends to try Ricciardi's I just didn't take the time to study the spelling of the restaurant for friendly villagers like yourself. Nor did I have time to study the menu on line. Maybe next time when my dad isn't having a heart attack I'll have more time to post a review more to your liking and approval
My best wishes for your dad. Not all Villagers are friendly as you have seen. Spelling a restaurant wrong is hardly a big deal and there are some people that you just have to ignore.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:29 PM

Well said hulahips. Theres always got to be a wise guy. I would have said smart ass but I try to be nice.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Gold member

Yes thank you. I can see that here on this site. The last thing I had on my mind while standing out front waiting for two friends was to look up above to check spelling of restaurant. Had to much on my mind to think of anything else. And I thought this was Florida's friendliest home town? An apology is due here but I won't hold my breath and shall move on
Old 05-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm sorry you had to be harassed over a simple restaurant post. Most people in The Villages are pretty nice. On TOTV, not so much. We've all learned to ignore some of the posters. I think they feel threatened if someone criticizes anything relating to The Villages, even if it is just a restaurant in the Villages. As others have mentioned, there are some decent restaurants around if you get the chance. Bonefish and Carrabas, Harry's and Cuvee in Ocala, a couple of the Mt. Dora restaurants just to name a few. Thanks again for posting.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.