Sugar Bears' Delight

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Default Sugar Bears' Delight

The south has Peachwave - now the north can boast about Sugar Bears' Delight! This delightful creamery is home to all wonderful favors icecream and gelato... Made right In the store. This is not a chain - but good old American spirit and courage, the founder had a dream. On 441, it's right next door to the Takis Restaurant. Try it out and enjoy!!!

I enjoyed Almond Joy and salty caramel last night. Yum!
Old 08-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Veteran member

Sugar Bears Delight sounds delightful! Did you happen to notice whether or not they have coffee ice cream? For whatever reason, most ice cream shops in the area do not carry it. Let's hope they give decent-sized servings at reasonable prices. If not, they will go the way of previous Dairy Queens and ice cream shops who couldn't make a go of it here.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:05 PM

Not sure where Takis is. Plese let us know more.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Has Anyone Tried Sugar Bears Delights and had their Gelato
Old 08-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Sugar Bears Delight sounds delightful! Did you happen to notice whether or not they have coffee ice cream? For whatever reason, most ice cream shops in the area do not carry it. Let's hope they give decent-sized servings at reasonable prices. If not, they will go the way of previous Dairy Queens and ice cream shops who couldn't make a go of it here.
I am pretty sure that the new Russell Stover candy store and outlet has coffee ice cream. They have about a million flavors of Blue Bell Ice Cream.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

Oh, yum, Blue Bell ice cream! I happen to have a half gallon of their coffee ice cream in my freezer right now! It is very good. I can find coffee ice cream in the supermarket but it is very difficult to locate in any ice cream shops. Apparently, it is not a popular flavor in the south!
Old 08-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Platinum member
Default Frozen Custard

Also on 441 you can find Ollies Frozen Custard. As a former soda jerk selling (and consuming lots of) handmade ice cream, it puts ice cream to shame. Now don't get me wrong. I still enjoy handmade ice cream (not factory made), but when we have Frozen Custard in The Villages, why bother!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Gold member

Takis Restaurant is on 441 in a strip mall stones throw north of Bealls/Lowes.. Im guessing that this new ice cream place has moved into where Cold Stone Creamery was,
Old 08-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Veteran member

Tried Sugar Bear's Delight today. The owner is a lovely woman, very friendly, and she offered us little samples of several favors so we could try them. She DOES have my favorite, coffee, a big plus. Hubby had the Almond Joy and I wish I had ordered that one after I tasted his. It was delish! Now, with all of this said, I so wish they had regular ice cream. This was my first Gelato and it tasted more like an ice cream "wannabe". Those of you who want a less-fattening dessert will like this. I so hope that this nice little place is successful. The owner clearly deserves it. And, oh, the cupcakes looked to die for!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Actually true gelato has a much higher fat content than ice cream just less sugar, I believe. It's not trying to be ice cream it is Gelato Why anyone wouldn't prefer homemade to mass produced is beyond me, for me if I'm going to consume calories I want the best LOL As someone else posted Ollies has been here forever and is very good!
Old 08-13-2014, 09:16 PM

I vote for Ollies! Wonderful!!
Old 08-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Gold member

Thought I'd mention Schwanns Vanilla at Sam's Club. It is by far the best ice cream we've had in a loooooong time. I've always been a chocolate ice cream lover and it surprises me that I enjoy this vanilla as much as I do. Wonderful flavor & very creamy.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:38 AM
Thumbs up Sugar Bear's Delight - Gelato

I have been to this new "treat" shop several times and have enjoyed the experience of tasting gelato. I've had their chocolate chip, cheesecake, raspberry (more like sherbert) and my "fave" is Almond Joy. Everything is made fresh on the premesis. The best part is being able to sample flavors so that you can make up your mind.

A trip to Lowe's, or Bealls always leads me to stopping by for a small "treat" on these hot days. I wish them all the best with this new business.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.