Thumbs down on Red Sauce Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2016, 01:20 PM
Default Thumbs down on Red Sauce Restaurant

We went to Red Sauce last night after the movie around 6:45. There were three or four empty tables on the porch so we sat down at a table for 2 on the right side front porch in the front of the window. After a time a server came over and asked if we checked with the hostess for a table. I said no since those tables were first come when empty as long as we have lived here (forgetting they now have a new owners) The server was apologetic and said to speak to the hostess and she was sure they would give us the table. My husband went in to the desk and spoke to a man he thinks was the manager or owner about getting the table outside. He said no you will have to wait about 30 min. My husband explained there were 4 or 5 empty tables, but the man said-didn't you hear me, I told you it wound be a least 30 min. Needless to say we left & went over to Honest John's where we enjoyed great service and excellent food--with no attitude!
Old 07-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltwl View Post
We went to Red Sauce last night after the movie around 6:45. There were three or four empty tables on the porch so we sat down at a table for 2 on the right side front porch in the front of the window. After a time a server came over and asked if we checked with the hostess for a table. I said no since those tables were first come when empty as long as we have lived here (forgetting they now have a new owners) The server was apologetic and said to speak to the hostess and she was sure they would give us the table. My husband went in to the desk and spoke to a man he thinks was the manager or owner about getting the table outside. He said no you will have to wait about 30 min. My husband explained there were 4 or 5 empty tables, but the man said-didn't you hear me, I told you it wound be a least 30 min. Needless to say we left & went over to Honest John's where we enjoyed great service and excellent food--with no attitude!
Maybe there were reservations for these tables???
Old 07-24-2016, 02:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
We've had that happen before, at City Fire, and they explained it was because of the kitchen output possible per hour.....compared to number of orders coming in from seated patrons. So they, at that time, weren't seating people till the kitchen could catch up. It sounded logical to me. A finite number of cooks can only put out so many dinners per hour.

This is not aimed at the o.p.......But I think the restaurant managers and servers get worn out on hearing b****ing from demanding people, and the man was probably already fed up.

Society on the whole is a lot ruder than before and the workers are only human.

Give Red Sauce another chance. They have good workers.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:14 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post
We've had that happen before, at City Fire, and they explained it was because of the kitchen output possible per hour.....compared to number of orders coming in from seated patrons. So they, at that time, weren't seating people till the kitchen could catch up. It sounded logical to me. A finite number of cooks can only put out so many dinners per hour.

This is not aimed at the o.p.......But I think the restaurant managers and servers get worn out on hearing b****ing from demanding people, and the man was probably already fed up.

I agree. Another thing is there may not have been enough servers at the moment for the outside area.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post

We only went to the original Red Sauce twice when it opened back around 2008 but my parents were not that impressed even though the owner had a pug which she used to bring to Doggie Doo Run Run quite often. Before they even opened Red Sauce she was handing out business cards for Red Sauce.

It sounded like she had to do an incredible amount of work with respect to ordering supplies and keeping stuff fresh each day.

We have never been the Red Sauce after it got new owners.

Have no idea what happened to the pug nor what where the old owners went to???

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-24-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
...didn't you hear me, I told you it wound be a least 30 min...
These are not words spoken by a good worker.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

I know this is off point, but my biggest pet peeve about restaurants in general is that they always want to tell you where to sit. I think you should be able to sit at any vacant table unless there are reservations. Why can't the servers adjust to where the customer wants to sit? Another pet peeve is that restaurants are the only type of business that wants to take your credit card into the back room where someone could steal your identity. I always use cash in restaurants.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:34 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

And they think Millenials are the Entitled Generation.

Must have learned it from Grandma
Old 07-24-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I would have done same thing. I stopped going there when the previous owners changed the lunch specials to 1/2 portions for about $2 off. Their meals are too mediocre for dinner prices. OK call me a cheapie.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I agree. Another thing is there may not have been enough servers at the moment for the outside area.
I agree Bonny.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I know this is off point, but my biggest pet peeve about restaurants in general is that they always want to tell you where to sit. I think you should be able to sit at any vacant table unless there are reservations.
Sometimes servers are responsible for a block of tables and the restaurant asks that you sit in that area.
I've always found restaurants very accommodating if you request a booth, a view seat, etc.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
These are not words spoken by a good worker.
Whenever someone is telling a story, especially if some emotion is involved, I always take "he said ___ ___ ___" with a grain of salt.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Whenever someone is telling a story, especially if some emotion is involved, I always take "he said ___ ___ ___" with a grain of salt.
Agreed.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I know this is off point, but my biggest pet peeve about restaurants in general is that they always want to tell you where to sit. I think you should be able to sit at any vacant table unless there are reservations. Why can't the servers adjust to where the customer wants to sit? Another pet peeve is that restaurants are the only type of business that wants to take your credit card into the back room where someone could steal your identity. I always use cash in restaurants.
Perhaps because that would make the service less efficient, adding to the pet peeve of many others on TOTV.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:52 PM
Veteran member

I try to direct general items of restaurants to not necessarily any particular restaurant. I used to work in a nice restaurant, part time.
So here goes.
1. People should be able to decide where to sit, if not then go to another restaurant. The servers are there to serve you, customer first.
2. If the restaurant has a policy of loud noise subbing for music, then we do not go there.
3. A waiter should always place you where you want, not in a noisy area so the waiter can save a few steps.
4. Doubtful that the holdup on eating is a shortage of cooks, generally is that is true, the manager will help out in the kitchen. A kitchen is sized to have cooking areas big enough in relation to the tables in the house.
5. If a person leaves due to any problem with seating, food or timing, then the company accepts the tab, the waiter is not stuck with the tab, never.
Just offering these facts relating to my experience in a classy restaurant where all went well, all the time. bbbbbb
Closed Thread

Tags
table, tables, empty, min, server

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.