Turners' Kitchen in Downtown Leesburg.

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default Turners' Kitchen in Downtown Leesburg.

Turners - About Us

Five of us went here today for lunch. Friendly staff and good selection of food. I tried the "wild soup" which has venison, gator, and what have-you. It was good. This is with the daily lunch specials.

Well worth of trip if you are going to Leesburg. Turners - Press The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Reviews Page 2

I was not all that impressed with the $6 1/4 burger I had but some of the other dishes looked good.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 02-09-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:00 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Old 02-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Turners - About Us

Five of us went here today for lunch. Friendly staff and good selection of food. I tried the "wild soup" which has venison, gator, and what have-you. It was good. This is with the daily lunch specials.

Well worth of trip if you are going to Leesburg. Turners - Press The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Reviews Page 2

I was not all that impressed with the $6 1/4 burger I had but some of the other dishes looked good.
Thanks. Big drawback is they won't seat big (>6) parties together. They split them up to different parts of the room or tell you to go home.

Skip
Old 02-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Thanks. Big drawback is they won't seat big (>6) parties together. They split them up to different parts of the room or tell you to go home.

Skip
That's true. It sounds like it is quite busy in the evenings.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Skip
I wish every restaurant would do the same!!
Old 02-09-2016, 10:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:

Skip
It's very nice to have a place with good food that doesn't seat large parties. There are plenty of other places for large parties to go. I'm glad for Turners' policy so we can enjoy a quiet meal with another couple or by ourselves.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:50 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Turners - About Us

Tal, thanks for the tip. and by the way you are a braveheart (wild soup). My idea of eating exotic is veal
Old 02-10-2016, 06:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Turners - About Us

Tx...sounds worth the trip for the soup.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Tx...sounds worth the trip for the soup.
FORK ON THE ROAD: A New American Classic | Lake & Sumter STYLE

They are getting some very good reviews.

This was a serendipitous find as we were looking for Leesburg's Historical District and I got us lost while navigating and we just ended up in front of Turner's while trying to find a parking spot. It was too cold to go site seeing yesterday but Turners was a very welcome rest for the occasionally lost. It is not hard to find if you take CR44 east from Brownwood into downtown Leesburg but I had to be creative while I looked for something that looked familiar. https://www.google.com/maps/place/11...50317b1e2e8734
Old 02-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:

Skip
Big parties sometimes tend to get noisy, and Turner's feels that detracts from the dining experience they're aiming for.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:

Skip
Does not seem to be a drawback for them, the place is mobbed every time we go. Only wish they took reservations. Excellence food, service and atmosphere.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Damn. It looks like the secret is out.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:36 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Please be aware of their policy.

Today, I invited friends to eat at Turners and then shop together in Leesburg. I understood that we would not be allowed to eat together as there would be eight of us eating. Because we came into Turners together and didn’t lie to say we didn’t know each other, they would not seat us even thought we were ok with being seated at different ends of the restaurant which was almost empty.

After one in the group spoke with the owner, their policy is that they will not seat more than six in any way, shape or form. Even though I like their food, I will not return until this policy is revised as I was the one who invited everyone to eat there. I will never be embarrassed again by that firm. Be warned!
Old 03-26-2016, 09:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post

Today, I invited friends to eat at Turners and then shop together in Leesburg. I understood that we would not be allowed to eat together as there would be eight of us eating. Because we came into Turners together and didn’t lie to say we didn’t know each other, they would not seat us even thought we were ok with being seated at different ends of the restaurant which was almost empty.

After one in the group spoke with the owner, their policy is that they will not seat more than six in any way, shape or form. Even though I like their food, I will not return until this policy is revised as I was the one who invited everyone to eat there. I will never be embarrassed again by that firm. Be warned!
Wow. eight customers with money in hand and they turn them away at the door? Incredible!

I also read that they make you go to the bar to wait for a table even if you don't drink and the restaurant is empty.
See the last review HERE. I've heard the same trick played on our friends recently.

What are these owners thinking? That these tactics are good for their business?

Skip
Old 03-26-2016, 09:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post

Funny, we were at Turners last night and were thanking them for their policy of no groups larger than six. Large groups do a disservice to the server, the kitchen, and other patrons. It's great to have a place where we can enjoy our meals without your group.

Tags
lunch, good, leesburg, have-you, venison, gator, daily, specials, worth, trip, downtown, friendly, today, staff, turners, wild, soup, kitchen, selection, food

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.