Turners in Leesburg

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2015, 07:13 AM

Love, love, love Turners. The food is fantastic and the staff wonderful. It does not take reservations and has a nice bar(haven't seen it on YEAH NO GOLF)and tables for two or 4. Lunch menu from 11 to 3. Small interim menu from 3-4 and dinner from 4 till closing. Closed Sun and Mon. One of the best new restaurants out there. We have been very often since opening two mos ago. Try it. I guarantee you'll return.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:30 AM

I have followed this forum for years and only now feel the urge to chime in.
We have eaten at Turner's twice and find it to be a true cut-above.
Consider: The food has flavor, the cocktails and wine are very expensive (3x TV rates), there is no Happy Hour or televisions, they decline food substitutions and parties over 6, no reservations, there is a $3 charge for a side salad and $6 if you want more than one dinner roll. I have not encountered any evidence (word of mouth aside) of any advertising here on campus.
This does not strike me as a business that is overly concerned or interested in drawing a crowd from The Villages. They always appear to be busy so I am sure they do not "need" people that have a problem with the way they do business. It is clear that every aspect of this restaurant has been carefully thought out. I will certainly continue to visit Turner's as we like to get out of the bubble, appreciate superior food and service no matter what the cost, and I no longer care to dine with anyone other than my wife so the small table are no issue.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:20 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Tom View Post
I no longer care to dine with anyone other than my wife so the small table are no issue.
Don't you like to go out once in awhile with friends or neighbors ? Sometimes we like to have a quiet night out with just the 2 of us, but we enjoy going out with friends and having a fun time.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Tom View Post
I have followed this forum for years and only now feel the urge to chime in.
We have eaten at Turner's twice and find it to be a true cut-above.
Consider: The food has flavor, the cocktails and wine are very expensive (3x TV rates), there is no Happy Hour or televisions, they decline food substitutions and parties over 6, no reservations, there is a $3 charge for a side salad and $6 if you want more than one dinner roll. I have not encountered any evidence (word of mouth aside) of any advertising here on campus.
This does not strike me as a business that is overly concerned or interested in drawing a crowd from The Villages. They always appear to be busy so I am sure they do not "need" people that have a problem with the way they do business. It is clear that every aspect of this restaurant has been carefully thought out. I will certainly continue to visit Turner's as we like to get out of the bubble, appreciate superior food and service no matter what the cost, and I no longer care to dine with anyone other than my wife so the small table are no issue.
You almost had me convinced until the $6 for two dinner rolls. They don't even charge that in Paris.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:59 PM

DONT BOTHER... The WORST service I have ever had. Never going back..talked to manager and told to leave if I don't like it ..I did I and NEVER going back
Old 07-19-2015, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
You almost had me convinced until the $6 for two dinner rolls. They don't even charge that in Paris.

C'est vrai, mais les crossant are yummy and worth six dollars, don't cha think?

AND if you try to speak French there in Paris, they like you better. Perhaps if we tried not to have an attitude, they would like us better in Leesburg?

But six dollars? CFrance...perhaps this is a rumor, that might be.............oooolalalal
Old 07-19-2015, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Roll price

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Everyone at the table gets a pretzel roll accompanied with a plate of orange infused olive oil and chocolate balsamic vinegar for dipping. The rolls are one per person, but if you would like more rolls and dipping oil there is an appetizer of 4 rolls and a new plate of oil/balsamic for $6.00. The entrée portions are very generous and we have never ordered more rolls.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:37 PM

Have Only been once but love this place. The food was excellent and the service was too. We did not wait to get seated, however we went between lunch and dinner. They had a limited menu because it was in the middle of the afternoon however the server told us if we wanted something from either of the other menus they would do everything they could to try to make it . I really like the fact that there are no televisions, it's very charming inside . I asked for extra salad dressing he brought me back two and didn't charge any extra. It was pimento cheese salad dressing over a seafood salad very large portions at a very fair price . I see there are mixed reviews and I can only speak for myself but I can't wait to go back and have dinner. The other two people in my party had hamburgers and chips they were happy as well. The five dollar lunch special can't be beat .
Old 07-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Sage

I was there for lunch and thought the presentation was lovely but wasn't impressed with the food. It was ok but not enough to make me want to return.
Today, a very good friend of mine told me she went with another couple for dinner and they were thrown out for taking too long. They had gotten a drink at the bar and then went to a table. They wanted to order their appetizers first and the waiter said normally they take the appetizer order and the entree order at the same time. They ordered a second drink after eating the appetizers and before they ordered their food. Next thing, the hostess came by to say she needed their menus although there were plenty of open tables. They said they hadn't ordered yet. The chef came out and told them to pay for their drinks and their appetizers and leave. Rather bizarre. I wasn't there but just repeating what I was told by a very calm, patient, polite woman.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:10 PM

We decided to try out Turner's this evening with 2 other couples. The staff was very inviting and informative. Our waiter, Gene, also did a great job and very informative about the menu selections. Food was delicious...can't wait to return.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Wen to Turner's for dinner and then to Sip for some live entertainment in a jazz club atmosphere. An enjoyable evening in downtown Leesburg.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1437943076318.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	53558  
Old 07-26-2015, 07:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
.... they were thrown out for taking too long.
Wow! That's customer service for you.

I've heard stories that they really don't want "those people" from The Villages.

Skip
Old 07-26-2015, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Wow! That's customer service for you.

I've heard stories that they really don't want "those people" from The Villages.

Skip
Turner's is closer in atmosphere to Thai Ruby than to Cody's let's say. Both are fun, but one is somewhat more formal and more intimate as far as seating is concerned. Anyhow, Turner's is a nice change of scenery when you leave the bubble which we all have to do once in a while.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:36 AM

Yes, that is exactly what they told us.. Don't come back and tell the people in the villages ..we don't want them... I for one will gladly abide with their wishes. The rudest service I have ever had.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

We have eaten at Turners several times. We have had very good service and always felt welcome. Going again this week.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.