The Villages Turns Down Jersey Mike's

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
How about the current franchise owner is protected in one or more counties.
That is often the case in many franchise agreements. With the exception of McDonalds many of the larger franchises (BK, Wendys, Arbys, KFC) franchisees are often offered the opportunity to claim large areas of territory. In some cases out in the west they were offered entire states. So it is very possible that the local Jersey Mike's operator has claim to several cities or entire counties. The local 5-Guys operator has All of The Villages locations as well as other locations in Lake County including Mt. Dora.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:17 PM

Let me start by saying I'm in Jersey Mike's a few times a week and have developed a pretty good relationship with the owner and the manager, Randy. They're both incredibly friendly and they have an awesome crew. I was there today and I asked the owner about this thread and he said that these comments are partially true. When they inquired about Brownwood, they were told that TV is looking to lease to tenants who were going to use more square footage. Jersey Mike's doesn't need 3000 sqft and TV isn't looking to rent smaller spaces in Brownwood right now, so they went their separate ways. The store owner said that there are no hard feelings and that they'll find another spot at the south end of TV within the next year or two. In the meantime, he's opening a store in Mt. Dora. I'm assuming that they have the rights to build in the area and that's why there are no franchise opportunities on the Jersey Mike's website.

If you haven't been there yet, you should check it out. I always get the Italian or the steak and cheese and haven't had a bad sub yet.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Sage

If I need to eat out, which isn't that often, I will go to Subway because they have some healthier choices. I've never been to Jersey Mike's but I assume they don't compete on that level. It's not about health, it's about taste, right?
Old 08-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Get the facts rather than assume.
Jersey Mike's Subs - Nutritional Information
Old 08-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
That's too bad because we love Jersey Mikes.
Nancy
Ditto Jersey Mikes.... Subway can't compete! Hope Jersey Mikes can get into the new Wildwood Publix Center... or better yet Firehouse Subs and a good NY Style Pizza place.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Get the facts rather than assume.
Jersey Mike's Subs - Nutritional Information
Some folks prefer to never let the facts interfere with a good pot-stirring assumption.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I'm not crazy about Jersey Mike's subs. I thought they were very skimpy on the meat and cheese. Rather have Publix or Winn Dixie. I must say, for the price, I do like Subway.
I agree Bonny. When we travel, and I like road trips, we always have lunch in Subway for the following reasons. They are almost at every exit on the interstates and you can eat healther than Mc Donalds, or Burger King. I always have a veggie sub on whole wheat.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
Personally, I see this as a slap in face of the free enterprise system. Pure protectionism. Why not have two companies with same product?
The BEST PRODUCT with the best service SHOULD BE THE WINNER.
IF YOU CAN'T COMPETE, GET BETTER.

Then you must believe it should also be allowed for the schools.

Therefore, according to you, each School age Child should get a Voucher for $ amount spent
per pupil in a School District or County.
Then let the parent(s) choose a Public or Private or Charter School, using the Voucher.
The $ money spent on Pre-K - 12 education is Property TAX Dollars and should be used as the parent(s)
of the student deems most appropriate.

HOWEVER, Personally, I believe when Developers use their own Private $ to create a commercial district,
they have every right to set the rules.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Veteran member

For this Jersey Girl, I still think Jersey Mike's makes the best sub. I remember them back in NJ at the shore when they had one store. I am not a fan of Subway. If I wanted to figure out how to make a sandwich I'd make it myself at home. Actually, I don't really care for the bread at Subway more than I don't care for the ingredients they put on it. I will eat there if nothing else works, but I was VERY happy to find a Jersey MIke's in TV.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I would suggest that Subway is really not competition for Jersey Mike's. I like Mike's but probably will never go in Subway.
Ditto! Subway doesn't even come close to Jersey Mikes.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattywampus View Post
Then you must believe it should also be allowed for the schools.

Therefore, according to you, each School age Child should get a Voucher for $ amount spent
per pupil in a School District or County.
Then let the parent(s) choose a Public or Private or Charter School, using the Voucher.
The $ money spent on Pre-K - 12 education is Property TAX Dollars and should be used as the parent(s)
of the student deems most appropriate.

HOWEVER, Personally, I believe when Developers use their own Private $ to create a commercial district,
they have every right to set the rules.
I must be in Oz!!!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
For this Jersey Girl, I still think Jersey Mike's makes the best sub. I remember them back in NJ at the shore when they had one store. I am not a fan of Subway. If I wanted to figure out how to make a sandwich I'd make it myself at home. Actually, I don't really care for the bread at Subway more than I don't care for the ingredients they put on it. I will eat there if nothing else works, but I was VERY happy to find a Jersey MIke's in TV.
Agree completely - especially regarding the "bread" at Subway.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:46 AM

Jersey Mikes is the closest thing to a great hoagie in this area. I hope that they get into The Villages.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigndee View Post
Jersey Mikes is the closest thing to a great hoagie in this area. I hope that they get into The Villages.
They are in The Villages, posts are about a potential second location. My husband is in love with Jersey Mike's hoagies - nothing presliced, preweighed or prepackaged like some other sub shops.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Gold member

Subway, Jersey Mikes good sandwiches. We like the hoagies at Publix.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.