what happened to glenview country club restraunt?

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Thumbs down what happened to glenview country club restraunt?

GLENVIEW was one of our favorite restraunts but today we went to celebrate settlement on our villages house and we should just have walked out. The hostess marked us for a table by the window then seated us in a different table in a very loud room. When we asked about moving to the table she marked she was very snippy telling us this was our only choice, then she seated the people who came in right after us in the table we asked for. The waitress was great but let me know that they would charge if I wanted to use flavoring in my water. I would love to have had soda, alchol, or tea instead but had GI surgery and can't have them we were told the owner didn't care. Unfortunately water here upsets my stomach without something in it. Our meal was O.K. but it will be a long time before I go back!
Old 01-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Sage

We went there New Year's Eve and had filet and lobster and it was awesome. Service was great, food was way above average. We were very happy. We had Filet, lobster tail, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, wedge salad with blue cheese dressing and a small bottle of champagne for just $31.00.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:46 PM

Make sure you carry the clear water flavoring (Walmart Brand)then they don't know what you put in. We had another restrauant tell us the same thing here in The Villages.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Sage

Mike, get ready for all the "What did the manager say when you asked to speak to him/her?" posts.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Mike, get ready for all the "What did the manager say when you asked to speak to him/her?" posts.
BTW, Mike, what DID happen when you asked to speak to the Manager?
Old 01-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. O. Cunha View Post
Make sure you carry the clear water flavoring (Walmart Brand)then they don't know what you put in. We had another restrauant tell us the same thing here in The Villages.

You will not pay for.a drink! Restaurant
Old 01-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

I always carry packets of Real Lemon with me and so far no one has said anything. But I can't say as far as Glenview goes as we ate there a couple of times and found the food disappointing and that was before I started using it. To me that seems really petty of the restaurant!
Old 01-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Eternal Member

Of course the restaurant will charge if you bring your drink powder or packet of lemon juice. Why not bring your own raw steak and ask them to cook it for you at no charge?

Glenview CC has NEVER given us an unsatisfactory meal in 5 years!

Some Villagers are just plain CHEAP and should stay home.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:55 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

quote=Sandtrap328;990442]Of course the restaurant will charge if you bring your drink powder or packet of lemon juice. Why not bring your own raw steak and ask them to cook it for you at no charge?

Glenview CC has NEVER given us an unsatisfactory meal in 5 years!

Some Villagers are just plain CHEAP and should stay home.[/quote]

Wow. that was NASTY. I believe the reason for the flavor packet was explained in the original post. I have always been happy with Glenview as well, but I can hear the reasons Mike was annoyed.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-05-2015, 06:07 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

My Money - My Meal. I would have been out of there when I didn't get the table I had asked for. This is not the first time posts in this forum have complained about the hostess service at Glenview. It seems their "Greeters" have a mission to sabotage the ambiance of the restaurant, the rest of the staff and ruin your dining experience. I do come down on the side of the restaurant as far as flavor packets in water go - charge if patrons bring them to add to their water.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Eternal Member

If someone can drink water with flavored packets added, there is nothing that would prohibit them physically from ordering iced tea or lemonade.

Also, the poster who says they carry the lemon juice packets to add to water. Why not buy lemonade?

I was out to dinner with one of those cheap people ONCE! She and I went to Carrabas. Instead of ordering a soda, she asked for water AND a bowl of lemon wedges. They brought it at no charge and she squeezed about an entire lemon in her water and gloated how it saved $2. Oh, she also took all the sugar substitutes AND the holder when we left!
Old 01-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
....I was out to dinner with one of those cheap people ONCE! She and I went to Carrabas. Instead of ordering a soda, she asked for water AND a bowl of lemon wedges. They brought it at no charge and she squeezed about an entire lemon in her water and gloated how it saved $2. Oh, she also took all the sugar substitutes AND the holder when we left!
She was nothing more than a common thief!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.