Recommendations for enclosing lanai

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Default Recommendations for enclosing lanai

We are going to enclose our lanai with glass and are getting several estimates. I just wondered if anyone had companies that they would specially either recommend or warn to stay away from. If possible, I'd like to support local Village contractors.
Thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Suzie

I just sent you a PM with the name/number of our general contractor, a former Village building supervisor, who is enclosing our lanai in Glass and making it part of our family room by taking out the sliding glass doors and adding heat/ac, crown moulding, tile floors, built in nook etc. He is also building a separate (CBS) hobby room accessible from both the master bedroom and new extended family room. We are probably 80% complete. Cold weather really held up the project because they had to take the SGDs down and as you know the weather was not very cooperative.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Platinum member

T&D Concrete, the major pool and birdcage builders in TV also will do this job. I have no connection to this company except that the huge project they did for us was fantastic and affordable. Really good company to deal with.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Suzie, we had a great experience using White's Aluminum. They have enclosed many of my neighbors lanai's with glass and not one complaint. Also, we had a ton of rain this Winter and we were dry and comfy on our lanai. The price was right too.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:37 PM

D & D does excellent work. We had them do our enclosure and tile work. Very happy with results,.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:21 PM

Melton Construction enclosed our lanai... great job. Ask to speak with Darryl Melton.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Smile

We just had our lanai enclosed with glass doors. We have a bird cage over the pool but I wanted to be able to use lanai all year long. We contracted with Custom Windows and Exterior Designs (they also own Old World Pavers). They did an excellent job and only took 3 days. They were the only contractors who would do floor to ceiling glass doors with four tracks. They can show you pictures of work they have done. We are extremely pleased and I love our enclosed lanai. Some other contractors wanted to do vinyl doors and would take too long.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Veteran member

Has anyone had any experience with Insulco or Jason Boutwell for enclosing the lanai with glass or making it into a Florida room?
Old 04-05-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieFL View Post
We are going to enclose our lanai with glass and are getting several estimates. I just wondered if anyone had companies that they would specially either recommend or warn to stay away from. If possible, I'd like to support local Village contractors.
Thanks
Hi Susie,
We just had our lanai enclosed using White Aluminum. I would not recommend them. I used them since they were so highly touted here and after getting several bids from various contractors. I also checked them out with the Better Business bureau. All looked good. They were not the most or least expensive but on the lower end side. However, the job went on forever and hindsight being 20/20, I would have gladly paid more for less agravation and stress.
Kathy
Old 04-27-2010, 12:25 PM

Is it possible to get their number. We are purchasing a Gardenia with a summer kitchen and want Glass from floor to ceiling without those little cross bars. We are on golf course and would like an unobstructed view. Barb
Old 04-27-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pili View Post
We just had our lanai enclosed with glass doors. We have a bird cage over the pool but I wanted to be able to use lanai all year long. We contracted with Custom Windows and Exterior Designs (they also own Old World Pavers). They did an excellent job and only took 3 days. They were the only contractors who would do floor to ceiling glass doors with four tracks. They can show you pictures of work they have done. We are extremely pleased and I love our enclosed lanai. Some other contractors wanted to do vinyl doors and would take too long.
Is it possible to get the number. We are moving into a Gardenia with a summer kitchen and would like Glass along the back from floor to ceiling. Barb
Old 05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Default Enclosing lanai

Barb,

Here is the number for Custom Windows. The sales rep is Dave Broberg. Our lanai looks beautiful with floor to ceiling glass doors. The doors have four tracks so they are like pocket doors. They do not stack as other doors do. Dave has pictures of different homes in TV they have done. This was one of the best investments we have made.

Custom Windows
800-881-1537

Pili
Old 07-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Default Lanai Glass Enclosure

Anyone have any experience with using Hill's seamless gutters doing a lanai window install?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

My sister used Hills for her lanai and was very pleased.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbjim View Post
Is it possible to get their number. We are purchasing a Gardenia with a summer kitchen and want Glass from floor to ceiling without those little cross bars. We are on golf course and would like an unobstructed view. Barb
We placed the cross bars near the bottom and used about 5 1/2' glass on the top, 18' glass on the bottom. We did sliding doors 8' x 8' (2 - 4 x 8 panels) and that made them quite expensive. (I think 80" high is normal but we added a big bird cage and wanted an open view in that direction.) We were quite pleased with the finished job but had some issues with the contractor - who is now out of business.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.