John Sandford's Gathering Prey.

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Thumbs up John Sandford's Gathering Prey.

<i>Gathering Prey</i> Is John Sandford at His Best | Jackie K. Cooper

I also find this one of the better of John Sandford's books. Since I am a native cheesehead, visited the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and lived in the Twin Cities for about 5.5 years, I usually enjoy Sanford's books but really enjoy those with Letty in them when she plays a major part of the narrative. And that #$^&@*! Virgil Flowers too.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

One of my favorite Prey books of his took place in the dead of winter out in the northern woods in some state (MN? WI?) I can't remember the name. But I later got to the point where I couldn't take the tension when the criminal was either narrating or stalking around killing people. Just started to give me the chills. So I quit reading him.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

I've enjoyed all of the John Sandford novels, including the Prey series, the Kidd series, the Flowers series (all of which are related) and the standalone novels. This latest one was crackling with tension and a fun read. My wife wonders why I like to read these novels where terrible things happen to people. I like them because A) the good guy nearly always gets the bad guy and B) it throws my easy, comfortable, thoroughly fortunate life in sharp relief.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Yes, I do like the Virgil character
Old 06-21-2015, 08:09 PM

Virgil Flowers kicks ***.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:21 AM

I also have read every book he has written and sometimes wish he'd write more than one per year but then again I always know I will love the book so it's worth the wait. Same with Michael Connelly. I was an early James Patterson fan, especially the Alex Cross books, but his greed by having "co-writers" so he could publish several books a year destroyed the quality and appeal for me. I tried reading a recent Alex Cross book and didn't even bother finishing it. Sandford and Connelly are the best!
Old 06-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcuse View Post
I also have read every book he has written and sometimes wish he'd write more than one per year but then again I always know I will love the book so it's worth the wait. Same with Michael Connelly. I was an early James Patterson fan, especially the Alex Cross books, but his greed by having "co-writers" so he could publish several books a year destroyed the quality and appeal for me. I tried reading a recent Alex Cross book and didn't even bother finishing it. Sandford and Connelly are the best!
I still read James Patterson occasionally. I picked up Zoo in paperback and plan to read it after the John Sandford book I am now busy with. I have read it before but a long time ago.
Closed Thread

Tags
books, enjoy, john, sandfords, letty, years, sanfords, #$^&@, virgil, flowers, narrative, plays, major, part, native, bigbow, find, cheesehead, visited, gathering, twin, cities, lived, prey, upper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.