More and more I notice the stupid mistakes in movies

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Sage
Question More and more I notice the stupid mistakes in movies

I just watched the final season of Dexter on DVD and was amazed at how many dumb, stupid decisions/mistakes were needed in order to keep suspense at a high level.

When it happens over and over again it becomes all to obvious and spoils the enjoyment. But what else can they do? I suppose if they knew of a different way they would do it.

Do you know what I mean? Do you notice it?
Old 09-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to Prutzie
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I just watched the final season of Dexter on DVD and was amazed at how many dumb, stupid decisions/mistakes were needed in order to keep suspense at a high level.

When it happens over and over again it becomes all to obvious and spoils the enjoyment. But what else can they do? I suppose if they knew of a different way they would do it.

Do you know what I mean? Do you notice it?
examples please?
Old 09-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prutzie View Post
examples please?
Dexter had a difficult time finding a serial killer. He told the killer's mother to invite the killer to a public place. Instead she invited the killer to her home and it cost her her life. That was one mistake.

Eventually, he got the killer strapped-down in the killer's own "kill room". But instead of just killing him quickly he had a conversation with the killer and decided not to kill him. That was another mistake.

Dexter's idea was to have his sister arrest the killer so the killer would be sentenced to the electric chair. Instead of his sister staying with the killer to keep a watch on him, she walks with Dexter out to the parking lot. In the mean time someone else enters the "kill room" and sets the killer free.

The man who set him free was killed and when Dexter's sister got back to the room she was shot trying to stop the killer from escaping. And she eventually died from her wounds.

Those 3 deaths above were all the result of careless stupid mistakes.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Gold member

When reading or watching fiction, it is implied that the reader/viewer agrees to suspend disbelief and accept the implausible. I agree, that is not always easy.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Default Oh yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Dexter had a difficult time finding a serial killer. He told the killer's mother to invite the killer to a public place. Instead she invited the killer to her home and it cost her her life. That was one mistake.

Eventually, he got the killer strapped-down in the killer's own "kill room". But instead of just killing him quickly he had a conversation with the killer and decided not to kill him. That was another mistake.

Dexter's idea was to have his sister arrest the killer so the killer would be sentenced to the electric chair. Instead of his sister staying with the killer to keep a watch on him, she walks with Dexter out to the parking lot. In the mean time someone else enters the "kill room" and sets the killer free.

The man who set him free was killed and when Dexter's sister got back to the room she was shot trying to stop the killer from escaping. And she eventually died from her wounds.

Those 3 deaths above were all the result of careless stupid mistakes.
It drives me crazy when they finally trap the creep and they begin a conversation. Another predictable scene is the creep is down from a deadly wound of some sort and the victim immediately throws away her/his weapon and we all know the monster is going to come back with full force and the game is back on...usually up and down stairs with knives till someone goes over a bannister.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:51 AM
Sage

It always amazes me when a killer has along conversation with their intended victims.

That's why the gun scene in the "Unforgiven", is so realistic.

As the man said, one must suspend belief, to enjoy some films.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Sage
Wink

How about when a defenseless woman decides to do some investigating on her own and goes into a darkened (haunted) house by herself. You know instantly that nothing good will come of it. Hey, lady, there's a crazed killer in there just waiting to get his hands on you!! Stay the heck out!!!!

Last edited by Villages PL; 09-11-2014 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Word deleted
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.